Traded out of the Blue - Adison Bond POV

adison

The day came that @Daniel Jansertexted my line and asked "I have a team that shows interest in acquiring you in a trade. Would you be ok to be traded? It would be to the Ottawa Lynx who at the moment are on a playoff spot." I took a second. Was I actually being traded at a time like this. The team was coming off of a 1-1 double header week vs Miami Marauders with one huge 7 to 1 loss and a 4 to 3 win. I thought I was playing well with the situation that I was in. in the second game I was able to get an assist and capture 11:46 MP. Although the team was struggling I was hopeful a little COPIUM was flowing through me. I thought "We can get out of this. Everyone is active and talking in the locker room. Making changes to each other and asking for advice. It's possible right?" Even before the recent win morale was high. I was named an Assistant Captain for the team which was an Honor to be selected among my teammates voting. I was leading the Hounds in Bone of Destiny! But at the end of the day the goal is to win and become better as a player.

Hounds3.png

It's my first season change happens and it was starting to happen to me. I replied to Mr. Janser with a soft message saying "if it helps out the team then, yeah." I have seen Janser has been making trades trying to rebuild the team throughout the season with several teammates like the Portuguese Wonder (Leandro Goncalves). New signings were joining and the Hounds were starting to look like a new team. But more change was to come. Minutes after replying to Janser I received a message back saying "so we hope, thanks for your understanding." At this point I was certain that the trade was going to go through. The decision has been made and the offer was on the table I just had to wait for a response from Ottawa. The time was ticking. Thoughts in my head were going "Am I going to be a starter? I have to give up my role in the team..." Now thinking about Ottawa they were one of the many teams that were recruiting me, they offered 2nd/3rd line time. While time has gone my hope was still lingering.

I check my phone and the trade has gone through. A team announcement has been made about the trade consisting of myself (Adison Bond),
Jesse Markov, Mean Machine for S83 OTT 3rd, S83 MIA 4th, and S83 OTT 7th. "Wow it happened" I said. Quickly I checked my messages and I got a new one from the Ottawa GM @Zack saying "Hello I know you didn't pick us at the start but I know you will be a star and we need someone to be on the 1st line here!" Seeing that I was in awe. They believe that I will be a star for his team even though I didn't pick to join them when I was being recruited. But reading more I noticed he said they need someone to be on the 1st line and that person is me! Everything that I hoped for came true I was able to get even better time on the ice.

After looking over every event that happened since I have joined the league I couldn't be happier with how things are turning out. From going in as a Free Agent to joining the Hounds and becoming an Assistant Captain. TO then getting traded to a team that has playoff potential. You could say being on the Hounds was a bad choice but I took the risk and made some friends along the way because once a Hound always a Hound.

On 2/17/2022 at 12:45 AM, adison said:

The day came that @Daniel Jansertexted my line and asked "I have a team that shows interest in acquiring you in a trade. Would you be ok to be traded? It would be to the Ottawa Lynx who at the moment are on a playoff spot." I took a second. Was I actually being traded at a time like this. The team was coming off of a 1-1 double header week vs Miami Marauders with one huge 7 to 1 loss and a 4 to 3 win. I thought I was playing well with the situation that I was in. in the second game I was able to get an assist and capture 11:46 MP. Although the team was struggling I was hopeful a little COPIUM was flowing through me. I thought "We can get out of this. Everyone is active and talking in the locker room. Making changes to each other and asking for advice. It's possible right?" Even before the recent win morale was high. I was named an Assistant Captain for the team which was an Honor to be selected among my teammates voting. I was leading the Hounds in Bone of Destiny! But at the end of the day the goal is to win and become better as a player.

Hounds3.png

It's my first season change happens and it was starting to happen to me. I replied to Mr. Janser with a soft message saying "if it helps out the team then, yeah." I have seen Janser has been making trades trying to rebuild the team throughout the season with several teammates like the Portuguese Wonder (Leandro Goncalves). New signings were joining and the Hounds were starting to look like a new team. But more change was to come. Minutes after replying to Janser I received a message back saying "so we hope, thanks for your understanding." At this point I was certain that the trade was going to go through. The decision has been made and the offer was on the table I just had to wait for a response from Ottawa. The time was ticking. Thoughts in my head were going "Am I going to be a starter? I have to give up my role in the team..." Now thinking about Ottawa they were one of the many teams that were recruiting me, they offered 2nd/3rd line time. While time has gone my hope was still lingering.

I check my phone and the trade has gone through. A team announcement has been made about the trade consisting of myself (Adison Bond),
Jesse Markov, Mean Machine for S83 OTT 3rd, S83 MIA 4th, and S83 OTT 7th. "Wow it happened" I said. Quickly I checked my messages and I got a new one from the Ottawa GM @Zack saying "Hello I know you didn't pick us at the start but I know you will be a star and we need someone to be on the 1st line here!" Seeing that I was in awe. They believe that I will be a star for his team even though I didn't pick to join them when I was being recruited. But reading more I noticed he said they need someone to be on the 1st line and that person is me! Everything that I hoped for came true I was able to get even better time on the ice.

After looking over every event that happened since I have joined the league I couldn't be happier with how things are turning out. From going in as a Free Agent to joining the Hounds and becoming an Assistant Captain. TO then getting traded to a team that has playoff potential. You could say being on the Hounds was a bad choice but I took the risk and made some friends along the way because once a Hound always a Hound.

Thanks for the shoutout, Mr. Bond! Good time on the Hounds! Hope to see you in the playoffs! 🙌😁