VHL and Kiva

Enorama

I've talked about Kiva in the Discord before, but I basically just now realized that we should put together a team on the site in case people are either interested in joining, or already participating and wanting to connect.

For those who don't know about Kiva, here's the very shortest description from their site: Loans for entrepreneurs doing amazing things.

The longer explanation is that Kiva coordinates loans for entrepreneurs (mostly in developing countries) via something called micro-lending. Basically, instead of 1 person lending someone $900 to buy a cow (or whatever), 36 people lend that person $25 each, thereby spreading the risk and allowing everyone to participate should they so choose. It isn't a donation, it is specifically a loan. I personally deposited $25 in 2016 and another $25 a year later and have made 15 total loans to 13 different countries, 14 of which have been fully repaid (the last one is delinquent but slowly paying back).

Anyways, if you're interested, I urge you to check it out. When you get the chance, join the lending team I created for the VHL at the link below.

Join the VHL Kiva Team