Butts injures himself

fonziGG

It's crazy. You know, I didn't think I'd have the time to write this. I mean, also the attention. I've been struggling recently and a lot of players and commentators have noticed this recently. Butts hasn't been at 100%. It started from a slash in the game against Bratislava. Bo Johansson ( @Shindigs) slashed my ankle and immediately I went down. Barely got to the bench as well. It was rough. We went to the medical room immediately and the doctor said it's definitely injured but he needed more information. I went for an MRI to see what the injury looked like from the inside. After the MRI, I was able to put some weight on my foot so I was walking with a boot on. All the results came back clear as well so it supported the boot walking idea. After a few games, doctors said I was able to return to skate in practice... So I did.

Heres the thing I learned, doctors on the team are absolutely looking in your best interests in regards to your health. However, they also hold a interest to the team. Now, theres absolutely nothing wrong with rushing me back to the team if you genuinely believe that I'm 100% healthy. Even I thought I was healthy, but after all this I learned that I needed to get these things checked out for someone who is more neutral. I was out for a total of 10 days. On the 13th day, I returned to game action. During the second period, I could already feel something uncomfortable with my ankle. Something definitely wasn't right. I bring it up with the medical team on the bench and after the game, I again go in for another MRI.

You'll never guess what happened. I've suffored a stress fracture due to ramping out very very quickly. I would be out for an entire month. Welp, I won't lie to you. I cried heavily. An entire month of no Gym, Tan, Laundry or the sort. I am extremely disappointed. To the point of depression really. I've never been this upset before. In fact, protein farts had to take a pause. Everything had to pause. I was in bed for 2 weeks and didn't even leave the house for any type of physio. Granted the first two weeks were meant to be full on rest time due to the recovery plan.

After the 2 weeks were up, I started training again, physio and working with the medical team. However, due to the fact that the medical team has to travel with the team... It meant that I had to travel with the team. Now, heres the thing. Mentally, I was absolutely in a bad spot. Socially, I wasn't exactly happy nor excited to return to full training. The team has been supportive, but I was just sad and down. The thing was, this was such a blessing in disguise. The team cheered me up, training cheered me up and my team was cheering me up. Now here I am, just got the news that I would be returning to the ice tomorrow for the first time in a month. I am beyond excited.

12 hours ago, fonziGG said:

Bo Johansson ( @Shindigs) slashed my ankle and immediately I went down.

So that's where Bo's sudden 15 minute PIM increase came from? Attempt to injure 5+10. It all makes sense now!😅 On behalf of Bo I'd like to apologize; He thought Mr.Buttz was still using his Clue Glue™ exoskeleton. Had he been it would have felt like a loving caress of the ankle, but instead it sheared clean in half. As an attempt to make amends, A lifetime supply of Clue Thirst™ will be sent to Mr.Butts to help with his speedy recovery and future growth.