Introducing Fraser Wallace

Hoopydog

Inspired by Artair McCloud’s venture into the VHL, a new Scotsman has revealed himself as he looks to surpass his predecessors and become a shinning star… and his name is Fraser Wallace. Fraser Wallace grew up where is clan ancestors lived, a region of the Scottish Lowlands called Renfrewshire. There is a rich hockey culture in Renfrew and the surroundings areas which teams such as the Paisley Pirates, who play in the SNL (Scottish National League) and the Glasgow Clan who play in the EIHL (Elite Ice Hockey League) which is the top level of British Ice Hockey. Along with this hockey culture, there has been a rise in popularity of Ice Hockey in the UK after the perform of the GB national side on the international stage, which saw them get promoted to the top level where they play such sides as Canada, USA and Sweden.

There has been some talent brewing in UK and some of which has already made it to the North American scene with Liam Kirk being a good prospect for the Arizona Coyotes and Artair McCloud having a good career in the VHL and playing out his final season with Rome Gladiators in the VHLE. Now emerging onto the scene is a player with the potential to surpass those who came before him… Fraser Wallace. Wallace is a 6ft 1, 220-pound centremen who can play at both ends of the ice. He’s tenacious in his play, never allowing his opponents to rest making him a valuable asset to his team. His biggest strength is his shooting ability as he is able to convert from all areas of the offensive zone giving him the unpredictable factor and making him a nightmare to defend. For being a young player, he shows a great maturity and composure which is highlighted in his defensive zone play. He’s not afraid to put his body on the line nor is does he fear marshalling his teammates into position on the ice.

Wallace played for various junior teams during his younger years but his skillset showed that he was able to play at a higher level and when the paisley pirates came calling it was a no brainer. His adjustment to the adult game was quick and he soon became a key player on the pirate’s roster. His fine form earned him a call up to the GB development team where he would be able to showcase his talent on the international stage. Being a GB born player and a good one at that, the Glasgow Clan realised that Wallace could be a team changing pickup and they soon jumped at the chance to sign him up as not only would he help with their home player quota, good GB talents are few and far between and having some on your team can make a huge difference.

He has now made the jump to the main stage as he just signed a contract with the Las Vegas Aces in the VHLM giving him a chance to show the scouts around the league why they should spend a pick on him in the upcoming VHLM draft. In a recent interview when asked the question “Why did you choose to sign with the Aces” he responded:

For me it was a no-brainer to sign in Vegas. I spoke to Artair McCloud when the Aces offer came through and he said that I should take 100%. I already know some of the guys on the team and I feel like I can make difference here”.

We can’t wait to see how the career of Fraser Wallace will pan out and watch him take the league by storm

On 2/28/2022 at 10:02 PM, Hoopydog said:

the Glasgow Clan realised that Wallace could be a team changing pickup and they soon jumped at the chance to sign him up as not only would he help with their home player quota, good GB talents are few and far between and having some on your team can make a huge difference.

As someone who randomly GMd a lot in the EIHL in EHM. I can attest to the value of having a GB prospect actually make your real roster. Cause we all know the 4th line is the cheerleader line in the EIHL.🤣

20 minutes ago, Shindigs said:

As someone who randomly GMd a lot in the EIHL in EHM. I can attest to the value of having a GB prospect actually make your real roster. Cause we all know the 4th line is the cheerleader line in the EIHL.🤣

Cheerleading and bench-door-opening are some of the most important jobs in hockey lmao