The VHL is More Than Just a Sim League

Arce

The VHL has always held a special place in my heart, and I think this speaks to many others here as well. If you are an active member, max earner, staff member, GM, the league likely means more to you than just a simple SIM league. When I was in high school, I joined up because my best friend was big on this league. I always had a big group of friends, but my group of VHL friends I made also had such a special bond. Unknowingly to the league it helped me get through the best and worst times of my life going through and transitioning out of high school. It was a great escape. Here I am, at 30 in a different part of my life and the VHL is doing it for me again. I have gotten married, and had two children the last 2 years. It has been an amazing part of my life, and it has also been an incredibly challenging part of my life. The VHL has yet again come to my rescue. I have so many blessings, and am so thankful for my life. However, change has never come easy to me. Even good change. Promotions, good life changes have always shaken me and take time for me to adjust and then I get to fully feel the joy. The friendships I’ve established minus Kachur/Horcrux have been amazing here. It’s been a nice way to just kick back, relax and have some laughs for a little each day. Also I love contributing to the league in any way I can. I have not been as active as I was on discord since my daughter’s birth, but I will be again once she reaches a few more weeks and we reach the “established zone” as we had with my son. I hope others have felt this positive effect from the league, no matter what you got going on in your life. This may just be a sim league, but it is so much more than that.

Alright 2/2 on inspirational  Fan590’s the past 2 weeks, I am done!🤣

I feel the same way! You've been through more in life than I have, but from my own experience...I had zero friends at school and absolutely no one to lean on there in my first few years. This was especially awful when COVID went down...already not having a life was taken to an extreme. I spent a lot of time here talking to people as a result.

That can be viewed as me just being a loser and only talking to people online (which was partially true and also partially my fault), but I think the league is a wonderful support system when you need it to be and I credit many here for helping me get through a particularly rough time.

10 hours ago, Gustav said:

I feel the same way! You've been through more in life than I have, but from my own experience...I had zero friends at school and absolutely no one to lean on there in my first few years. This was especially awful when COVID went down...already not having a life was taken to an extreme. I spent a lot of time here talking to people as a result.

That can be viewed as me just being a loser and only talking to people online (which was partially true and also partially my fault), but I think the league is a wonderful support system when you need it to be and I credit many here for helping me get through a particularly rough time.

Gus, I’m glad you have gotten the same comfort from the league. I don’t think it matters if it’s online, IRL if the bond is there it should be enjoyed. I’ve enjoyed our exchanges in Gen Chat, and I look forward to plenty more in the future!:cheers: