Who is the VHL Goat?

Thunder

The greatest of all time.  That is the title for only one player.  Who is that player?  There are a lot of considerations when you try to determine who the VHL GOAT is.  Where do you look?  What factors are used to put someone in consideration of that elite title?  How many seasons should this person be on top of the league?  I started the quest to find the VHL GOAT.  Not for some legitimate reason, but for pure entertainment.

This is what I found on my search of the VHL portal.  I looked into the most logical file; the Hall of Fame.  There is so much to read here.  The site is divided into logical topics.  Inducted Players, Inducted Builders, Continental Cup Winners, Founders Cup Winners, VHL Awards, VHLM Awards, Career Statistics, All-VHL Teams, All-VHLM Teams, Single Season Records, and TPE Leaderboard.

I read through each category, spending seconds to minutes on each.  It was quickly apparent that some haven’t been updated for several seasons, most likely because keeping up with all of this has got to be time consuming.  As I continued to read through in search of the GOAT, I found some pretty cool stats, to include the TPE leaders, and career stats.  Another interesting set of categories I found were the Trophy’s.  It gave me a great appreciation for this league as I have recognized some of the names of the trophies, like Alexander Chershenko, Daisuke Kano, and Alexander Beketov.

I encourage all of you hockey enthusiasts to spend some time scrolling through the Hall of Fame.  You’ll definitely learn some things.  The work put into this site is incredible.  The banners of Cup winners with team roster, the builders, “most influential executives,” are just a few options for your perusal.  Click on a name and you’ll likely find a well written article, yet another example of the depth of work put into this league.

Even with all of this information, I was unable to find the VHL GOAT.  Who is so deserving?  I then went to Google and searched the VHL there.  Scouring through several sites, some easy to navigate and others not so, I finally came up with the answer.  The answer to the question, “Who is the VHL GOAT?” Was not easy to find, but with a click on the Facebook site, and scrolling down the posts, I finally found the answer.  Now, I began to wonder whether this answer is right or not, but I couldn’t find any rebuttal.  A post on November 4, 2021 identified the VHL GOAT.  It doesn’t indicate who determined the GOAT, but its on Facebook, so it must be true.  The official VHL GOAT title belongs to “Rory.”  Congratulations!

• Admin
On 3/9/2022 at 1:20 AM, Thunder said:

It gave me a great appreciation for this league as I have recognized some of the names of the trophies, like Alexander Chershenko, Daisuke Kano, and Alexander Beketov.

I encourage all of you hockey enthusiasts to spend some time scrolling through the Hall of Fame.  You’ll definitely learn some things.  The work put into this site is incredible.  The banners of Cup winners with team roster, the builders, “most influential executives,” are just a few options for your perusal.  Click on a name and you’ll likely find a well written article, yet another example of the depth of work put into this league.

This warms my heart