VHLM Rookie Breaks into Acting

Berocka

VHLM Rookie Breaks into Acting

The new Rookie in the Mexico City Kings Mr. Callum Murray has broken into showbiz in his home country of Australia. He has been featured in the newest ad by Ice Coffee brand Dare. He had this to say about his new found fame. “It was just after I signed with the Mexico City Kings I became a meme in Australia. My whole life I had been taken for a joke and when Dare approached me I thought stuff it lets go for it. For the years supply of Mocha’s its totally worth it.” You can find the advertisement here that has now been showing in Australia for a few months now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dohaBCwvbPM

Callum Murray has become a joke name and has been noticed by more and more people in Australia now ever since the ad has aired. It seems like the North American audience of the VHLM has not yet put the pieces together as Callum has stated that no one has really made any comments. “I thought I would get the jokes everywhere I go, but it seems like the American, Mexican and Canadian accents don’t seem to have the right phrasing to make my name as funny.”

Having experienced many nicknames in the past such as Squid and Fish Boy, Callum is almost immune to all of the names now. He certainly has thick skin.

Callum played 12 games in the VHLM scoring 3 assists and finishing the season with a +1 +/-. He did spend 14 minutes in the penalty box and laid 10 hits and blocked 15 shots.

As of writing this article the Kings are currently 2 games in the second round of the playoffs after sweeping the Bulls in the 1st round. During the 6 games played so far in the playoffs Murray has scored one goal which happened on the powerplay. He is still having a positive impact as a defenseman though with a +/- rating of +2 and blocking 13 shots. It appears that he is shying off with the physical nature of his game though with only laying 1 hit and spending no time in the box.

The coach of the Kings had this to say about Murray “Callum has had a strong impact ever since we signed him. He cares a lot about his game and is improving week in and week out. He is starting to build a lot more of a connection to his fellow teammates. The signing of Jordan Dwyer @Jaffa is also a positive move as the two Aussies are keeping each other company.”

So Callum Murray is famous in Australia, we know that he has been on National Television, now the big question is will he have the ability to make it as a household name overseas. It appears that in Mexico he is making a splash. The next step though would be trying to break into the European market with the VHLE. Is it possible that he can make it over there, only time will tell.

I mean in a league of animated board games and velociraptors, I just felt that a seafood name didn't really warrant too much ribbing. Though I'll admit I didn't get the name until I read it with an Aussie accent.

Okay, so I definitely didn't get the joke until I watched that youtube link that you shared. That's legitimately funny. The only real correction I can see is that you said we (Mexico City) swept the Bulls, but we're facing the Bulls in the second round. Aside from that, I appreciate you shedding some light on your player's name, and hope that we can turn this series around against Houston. Is @Jaffanamed for the cakes? Hmmm..... 10/10 for grammar