Great art is not always appreciated

jRuutu

8IK6mse.png

Great art is not always appreciated. As an aspiring artist, that is something I understand, but when art is being censored - that is where I draw the line. Earlier today, I submitted what I consider to be a solid piece of VHL art or V-art. I'm not going to claim that what I did matches in quality what the majority of the graphical wizards do on this site, but I tried. I wanted to celebrate the awesome achievement of the Vancouver Wolves by doing some kind of signature or general VHL related graphic.

I had the Vancouver logo with red color as if the Wolves had just done eating, or winning if you will. Then I had simple text that has nothing extra on it. Very simple design on the top part. I happened to stumble on a nice-looking render. You can see a bed and a pillow. You can not see it now, but between the pillow and the bed is a pocket front bottom. I then added the logo, text, and render together. I also did some basic work on lighting, or whatever you call it. The idea was to have most of the picture black and white, but just leave the red visible. The end result is simple but effective. The red color catches the viewers attention. The texts shows what is being celebrated. Then the visual surprise that comes in the form of a pocket front bottom suggests that someone is truly enjoying the magnificent achievement of Vancouver Wolves. When you analyze the whole piece, you can see a truly multimodal work of art. Does everything seem to be fair so far?

Wrong.

This vhl art was taken down. I was forced to censor the pocket front bottom out as it ''breaks the rules''. This is wrong and shows how little VHL moderators understand about art. The moderators have nothing better to do than to harass aspiring artists. The moderators read Donald Duck and think they now know what is good and what is not. If you now look at the art I have made, you can see the humor element is taken away. When you eliminate something crucial, such as the pocket front bottom, the message and meaning of the piece is completely watered down. What is left is a pale imitation of my vision. What is left is Vancouver Wolves without the meta, a silly project. Just like the Vancouver Wolves, my work of art spent a limited time in the spotlight.

I thought VHL of 2022 was supposed to be a modern and welcoming place with little being ''taboo'' or ''off-limits''? It's funny to think that in Discord, you have a section where war can be discussed, but if an aspiring artist decides to do something else than the same hockey signatures all the time, they face moderators and their hate. It's also interesting how a wild animal with blood coming out of its mouth seems to be fine, but a pocket front bottom is too much.

• Commissioner
15 minutes ago, Spartan said:

something that is similar to a flashlight 

One letter off you could say