Spartcast #17 - Drafting, Skipping Drafts and Finance Changes?

Spartan

This was recorded on Wednesday after the draft, I just realized that I fucked up the audio upload to Anchor yesterday so had to republish it. 

Topics!

1. Intro: 0:00 - 0:35

2. Draft Chat: 0:36 - 17:15

- Discussing pick 15 and @Brandon from 2:50 - 11:00

- Discussing pick 23 and @lidz from 11:00 - 13:40

- Discussing pick 31 and @LanerDUST from 13:40 - 15:30

3. Talking about recreates skipping the M: 17:15 - 22:45

4. I am the best BoG member (random chatter and BoG leaks): 22:46 - 25:40

5. Potential finance change discussions: 25:40 - end

Let me know what you think, and enjoy ✌️ 

Good Listen Spartan!!

Only thing I would mention around the skipping the VHLM; is the fact that I would have preferred to declare for the VHLE draft rather then been a free agent. It was extreme pressure to sign with a team in the VHLE as they could only sign on skipper. Meaning you could be in talks with one team and then the roster spot was taken thus needed to find another team. It was like speed dating with marriage at the end.

Happy overall they have given us this opportunity and it will be interesting to see how much we impact the league later in the year when we all reach around 300 TPE mark and become key members of the rosters we signed with. Which is also why I am assuming teams could only sign one of us since we could have too large of an impact in the second half of the season and play-offs.

Fixed of course if we simply declare for the draft then are drafted.

Look forward to seeing what the leagues and the BOG decide in the future towards the recreates and skipping the VHLM.

2 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

Only thing I would mention around the skipping the VHLM; is the fact that I would have preferred to declare for the VHLE draft rather then been a free agent. It was extreme pressure to sign with a team in the VHLE as they could only sign on skipper. Meaning you could be in talks with one team and then the roster spot was taken thus needed to find another team. It was like speed dating with marriage at the end.

Yes that's definitely true, and I think there will be changes around the process next season. We're still working to create some kind of formal procedure for recreates to skip the VHLM draft, and this offseason's situation was handled solely by the M/E commissioners since the BoG and the league itself doesn't have a formal procedure yet. Hopefully we can have that done by next offseason so people are declaring for the draft and not just going into FA.

"Moscow kinda won that trade"

Air for a good player? Yeah, that sounds like a win to me.

"Prospect retention in other leagues"

That one is kinda difficult, especially since a lot of people tend to only really be active in their "player" LR, rather than their prospect LRs. Feels like it makes it hard to read how much interaction they want from their higher league draft teams. I kind of struggled with that when AGMing in Bratislava, if the prospect was focusing all their attention on their M team. I didn't really want to take away from that. Especially with how confusing the league structure can be to a lot of new players. Having three different GMs checking in on you weekly can get a bit much, I'd imagine.

"VHLM GMs being unhappy about the skip"

I don't think anyone was, at least not publicly. Really opens the league up for the 1st gens, so that's nice.

"My massive thinking brain, that's so great"

Very eloquently put.😅

"Spartan trying to steal my fat bonus"

I mean as much as I agree that the amount of money we can get is excessive, I'm still completely fine with you holding off this change until my ELC is over.🤣

Realistically though, I do want it to change. Because it shouldn't really be possible for my ~560 TPE player to be paid more than Duncan Idaho, that's not reasonable.

• 2 weeks later...