Noodles Goes To Istanbul ????

Eynhallow

Noodles Goes To Istanbul

Before I get to my rant I would like to thank @KaleebtheMighty and @Acydburn for their efforts in actually getting my player to play in the upcoming season.  I hope that Noodles will make a contribution in Istanbul as they already have quite a formidable team.

But I digress.  Please bear with me as I describe the sequence of events that do not make me a really happy player.

Firstly, I retired my first generation player, Isau DaMoose shortly after the trade deadline so that my recreate, Noodles Marconi, would have as much time as possible to develop.  Initially, this went well.  Noodles played part of a season with the Mexico City Kings while Isau played out his career with the Riga Reign.  Noodles wasn’t eligible for the current VHL draft, and I understood that, so when I was approached to skip the VHLM and go to the VHLE I accepted the opportunity.  That;s where things went dramatically to hell in a basket.  The VHLE draft came and went and Noodles was not drafted.  Subsequently, no free agent offer came his way.  I was somewhat concerned so I posted this:

https://vhlforum.com/topic/118888-noodles-needs-a-contract/#comment-919788

I was hoping that this might be a gentle and humorous nudge to get a contract offer.  Of course, that did not happen.  I couldn’t understand why not.  I had more than 200 TPE and I had only applied 199 to remain VHLM eligible.  There were players that had been drafted into the VHLE that had 35 or more fewer TPE !!  Needless to say, I was pretty confused about all this.  Whereupon I posted something with a bit more bite:

https://vhlforum.com/topic/119047-noodles-needs-a-contract/#comment-920397

At this time my own emotions were running wild.  Was Noodles’ build that fucking bad that no one wanted him?  Or was it me personally ? Was I being too controversial?  Or not controversial enough?  Was I too demanding, too much of a whiner?  Good time to quit, right ?  More about that later.

As I type this, the Red Wolves have set in motion the process to acquire Noodles, but I would like to note that they were the only ones to reach out, excluding posts made by Riga and Moscow.  I don’t think Noodles would have helped either of the VHL teams very much, so I am not too sure how serious those comments were.

Consider this though.  Let’s assume that a VHL team had offered Noodles a 3 year contract which he accepted.  What, then, would be his status in the next draft.  If he were to be ineligible for the draft a whole realm of possibilities present themselves.

So, at this point, although Noodles will be on a VHLE team, he will likely miss out on training camp.  That sets back his development considerably.  And it also pisses me off because I work pretty damned hard to earn the TPE that I get. What also concerns me about this mind-boggling sequence of events is that Noodles has a decent build and should have been on a team way before this.  It is really unfortunate that I had to go out and actually market my player when far weaker build had already been assigned contracts.  My initial reaction is WTF and remains as such because I have no idea why all this happened.  Nor did anyone actually try to explain it to me.  

As you may know, I have enjoyed the VHL.  Take a look at the Moose Tracks series of articles regarding Isau DaMoose.  They were a lot of fun to create.  So when Noodles was struggling to get placed, I didn’t just give up on him.  From the point of view of player retention, this could easily have happened with perhaps a marginal first gen player.  I would hope that the powers that be would investigate this situation with the intent of either not having it happen again, or, at the very least, keep the player informed as to why his sim player is not getting on a team.  It's not as though the VHL powers don't consider the individual.  I recall an instance where a first gen player whined daily about not having been placed on a team immediately.  That situation was handled promptly and the player received a contract............whereupon he went inactive.  Go figure !!

Now, I am not accusing anyone of anything.  Nor blaming anyone for this problem (at least it was to me).  I am merely pointing out that there is a problem in the sequence of things that should have happened with Noodles.  And that problem should be rectified.

So, where do I go now with Noodles.  His future is unclear.  If I retire him, I lose all that carry forward TPE that I amassed with my former player.  If I continue down this path, will there be more issues surrounding this player due to the fact that I didn’t choose his career path very wisely?  Should I continue with Noodles just because this ongoing scenario presents me with TPE opportunities by venting and mini-ranting?  So, as I mentioned, Noodles, I think, has a decent build, or at least a build that I would like to see “in action”.

User: Eynhallow | TPE: 204 (5 Banked)

RW | 6' 0" | 187 lb. | Age: 21 | XUAYtufwtRYf4w2H7J0A1A5PMgMtc8dQ4DrSsWjOwiqnSGj-B4I2IkDSi6BwTrB067LZQpwliLxpCM0vH5eUYaUHd90kzW6l9eSIq7PmlzyF2cYFbWy8qedHIghOV7ugfak4FzlB | v7WncC0eGs13TyNb0MgzBZhlohBbTojygDJ9vB4UtjGnc45ApmUXnQKcNgCr5ZdSVb_FbdymC7DpuNa2cQSVIWwtrNG4V5ERR568Y1TNHp4l5IZ3xT3x5V42R4eB12C4tHt3VH39 Free Agent

DK

SH

PA

BC

GR

FO

PC

DC

OV

SP

SS

WS

LD

FG

PO

EX

TPA

As you can see, Noodles looks to be a pretty balanced player for a Right Wing.  I think he will be able to contribute offensively and be responsible at the defensive end of the ice. But, as you can also see, he remains a Free Agent as of the time and date of this article (2022:04:18:0848). This balance, though, seems to condemn Noodles to being a journeyman player for the balance of his career.   However, I do have faith in the VHL’s system for placing players on various teams (although this has been badly shaken by the events I have mentioned).  So, I am sure that Noodles will be able to earn an income playing hockey.  Right now he is scraping by training geckos for Geico.

0flWiE_kakThTBCezy2x-_frYEOG_PXo3yYWW0d5iKDEKGV_4YdGqMz_jSZ64IlhQFgdfKOG5wQqW7DWENmvb-JxHHfbp5BxSEB3qCSQTlhkhgC8pmMQjr1vuV0aHN7rwzxD0hvp

In the big picture, I believe this all to be an unforeseen blip and Noodles’ career will continue as usual (with the exception of a missing training camp).  Hopefully he will fulfill a meaningful role with whatever team(s) he plays for this season and in the seasons to come.

Word Count = 1078

Yes @hedgehog337, but I was told that I could skip the VHLM and the draft, I guess, to join the VHLE.  Had that happened as I was told it would.  I would have been on a team and eligible for Training Camp.  In any event, I am still pissed at missing those TPE.

Edited by Eynhallow

• Commissioner
45 minutes ago, Eynhallow said:

Yes @hedgehog337, but I was told that I could skip the VHLM and the draft, I guess, to join the VHLE.  Had that happened as I was told it would.  I would have been on a team and eligible for Training Camp.  In any event, I am still pissed at missing those TPE.

You still wouldn't be eligible for training camp. None of the 84 guys are training camp eligible as they weren't VHL drafted. I even sent you a message on discord about how you shouldn't be able to click the button. You didn't miss out on any TPE since you wouldn't have had training camp in the M or the E and practice facility is both 2 TPE in both leagues. You haven't been stunted at all, only difference is you're playing in the E vs the M. You haven't missed out on anything.