Trivia - A Psychological Horror

lidz

Trivia - A Psychological Horror

A bonified VHL.com article, written by lidz

Lidz innocently strolls into his house after a lengthy day at school. It's exam season, and with little homework to do, he decides to boot up his computer. With a satisfying click, the beast roars to life. 

"It's Monday, I better do my point tasks for this week so Spartan doesn't hold my cat hostage again.", he thinks.

He moves the cursor down to the taskbar of his monitor until he hovers over "Google". Lidz already has the VHL forum on his new tab screen--it's become a way of life. He clicks on it and claims his first few TPE points for the week. His media task is nearly complete, and the Rome presser takes only a few minutes. After he did his VHL.com article and clicked "Practice Facility", it was time to slay the final beast. 

Trivia roves underneath the "League" tab in the portal. Its bewildering riddles can stump even the brightest of those who dare to take it on. As lidz lowers his finger to click on "Get Trivia Question" he instantly regrets it.

"Why couldn't I have done recaps or even just reviews?". Lidz realizes he made a mistake.

There's no turning back now. The question already graced lidz's eyes. A tricky one, but nothing a brief look at the old indexes can't solve. Lidz quickly uncovered the stats he needed and had the correct answer.

"Easy enough.", lidz thought, unaware of what would come next.

As the glare from the monitor reaches his eyes, his mood suddenly plunges. The blood in his body rushes to his feet. 

"What?". This simple exclamation displayed lidz's exact emotions at that moment; pure confusion, pain, and hatred for whoever made that question.

He did not know where to find this. The question was straightforward, yet vague enough that it would be difficult to locate it in the index. He searched and searched for what seemed like hours, only to discover no clues for the answer. With sweat dripping from his forehead, he realizes he is going to miss out on one capped TPE.

"N-no... this can't be!". Lidz slams his fist down onto his desk, while tears form around his eyes. "I can't be a measly eleven-capped earner! What's Spartan going to do to me?".

The thought of Spartan invigorated lidz to work harder. He continued his examination on the forums, but he still couldn't uncover any information on the topic. 

"Oh man, my career is over! That one TPE is going to haunt me 3 seasons down the line when depreciation sets in...".

He accepts his destiny. 

Lidz goes to click on an answer. He thinks it could be a miracle--a cinderella story of sorts. But, miracles only happen to other people. Lidz realized this as his monitor displayed a red box on the screen.

Epilogue: 

Lidz realized he could have done a review that week, perhaps even a game review, but he never did it. That one TPE will forever be lost, never to be claimed again.

Edited by lidz
oops

• lidz changed the title to Trivia - A Psychological Horror