Problematic Overworker or Overachiever in Our Community

Thunder

This is for all who have recently read @Platerecent article about Shindigs writing 11 articles in a week, totally dominating the .com forum and coming up with topic after topic as if he has nothing else on his mind other than VHL and documenting whatever is in his brain.  The question is…. Shindig an overworker or an overachiever?  Or can he be both?  @Shindigsis one of the well established members of VHL.  He has been one of my “GO TO” for questions and advice as I navigate through this game.  Who knows how many others reach out to him for answers, which just puts more on his plate and gives him more to do.  He’s leading the Las Vegas Aces as GM all the while he’s dealing with his team captain’s idiosyncrasies, @dylanjj37.  And now he’s on an article spree.  Does shindigs sleep?  Does shindigs have a life?

Plate was spot on with his article identifying the productive week by shindigs.  And if you ever read his posts on discord as he motivates @dylanjj37to get his TPE done for the week, shindigs is typing away creating yet another week of articles for all to read.  Perhaps shindigs’ AGM, @eagle_3450could slow shindigs down a bit so burn out doesnt come up too soon.  What would we all do if shindigs wasn’t available to respond to our trivial needs?  

And lastly, there is still the highly anticipated fight yet to occur between @Scurvyand @Shindigs, when the two meet on the ice.  The Vegas odds are currently in shindigs favor 5 to 2.  I have dumped all of my salary into this bet and cannot wait for the stars to align and the battle to occur.

Now, its up to all of you to decide.  Is shindigs an overworker or overachiever?

34 minutes ago, Thunder said:

Now, its up to all of you to decide.  Is shindigs an overworker or overachiever?

Both. I did something similar in my first summer in the league (2019), when I had literally nothing better to do than sit around and write articles. The amount of 2,000 word media spots I wrote when I had weeks saved up from others (I wrote some huge articles that I didn't even claim!) was unreal. 

I look back on that now and I don't think I could ever go back to that. A snobbier version of myself would chalk that up to "getting a life", but I stopped doing that long before I got a life. I think it's more that I eventually reached a point where I was happy with who and where I was in the community. That, and it eventually gets harder to come up with unique topics every week. It took me a long time to get to that point, but here we are.

It also helps that I didn't actually write 11 articles. Still a bit perplexed as to where he got that from.😅 But I haven't really written any big posts in a while, kinda like Gustav touched on. You run out of stuff you need/want to say. That's the spot I'm in now, and even when I do write it's usually just stream of consciousness with high WPM. So the time commitment is negligible.

When summer gets going properly in Sweden my overall availability will go way down. I'm more or less snowed in half the year where I live, so gotta find some hobby to keep me vaguely sane.

Shindigs is certainly a dedicated max earner and it seems he wants to contribute to the community as a VHLM GM. I do not like the terms 'overachiever' or 'overworker', as they have a negative connotation in my ears. If you mean to say he is going the extra mile, I tend to agree with you.

There has been times I write 500+ word articles every day of the week, just because I liked doing it. In the interim I slowed down a bit. I am still dedicated to do good articles and if inspiration does not kiss me, I'd rather not write a half-assed article and take a step down and write a good article (at least in my eyes, I am aware that opinions on that differ, and that is okay for me) the next day (or the day after that).

From what I can tell, Shindigs simply likes to do what he is doing and wants to share it with us, and who am I to judge. To be honest, I like most of his contributions and contrary to me, he can do graphics. For me, the more and the more versatile content there is on the forum the better, so everyone finds something they like to look at/read about it. If it was all about max earning, Shindigs could achieve that with much less effort, than he puts in it atm.