Ctots Ctalks #8, Too Chaotic to Title

ctots

Listener discretion advised: there's like at least one profanity-laced rant in here

Also: there are like ten seconds of rattling noise at some point in the first half of the pod. I'm sorry. Power through, it doesn't last long.

https://anchor.fm/ctots/episodes/VHL-8---Too-Chaotic-to-Title-e1i132m

You're in IT and don't think your coworkers know you're a nerd?

Yeah, I've been here... an entire ten seasons Monkey Puppet - Meming Wiki

Just call it horsepower tbh

You care because you like us obviously

9 minutes ago, Enorama said:

You're in IT and don't think your coworkers know you're a nerd?

Okay, fair. They know.

Yeah, I've been here... an entire ten seasons Monkey Puppet - Meming Wiki

Time is a son of a bitch!

Just call it horsepower tbh

Offensive to horsefolk, you're canceled.

You care because you like us obviously

Liking a mid team like DC? Me? Imagine.

EXCUSE ME MISTERPHER TOTS, I WILL NOT HEAR THIS ANTI FORUM, PRO DISCORD TALK! Get up on outta heeere! Point Tasks are buried though.

Wait, is it a coincidence that many of the podcasters frequently exhibit ADHD like behaviours?

Baxter is following the tried and true Poopy build.

Hue Man Power.

Don’t worry about having a 15 minute 3-pointer, I just recorded a nearly 40 minute 3-pointer.

OH AND NOW YOU’RE CALLING MY STYLE OF PODCASTING “DISRESPECTFUL”!?

You’re welcome, I appreciate and love you too.

I can get behind finding a way to make Point Tasks easier to find, takes me to back in the day where before we had discord we used a "Locker Room" forum per team instead (some teams still have them up to date but they won't be as active as their team's discord) and there was a pretty popular debate as to whether they belonged on the bottom or the top of the forum. 

But yes, I think it could do with being higher up, or maybe just have something near the top that directly links you to the PTs, like maybe a drop-down menu in the area at the top of the forum (on desktop at least) where Update Your Player and Standings are. 

Interesting about Geneva's domination of assists, the team seems to do well with getting points in general (Last season they had two of the top three goal-scorers even though they missed the playoffs!)

"Sim league shame"

Embarrassed Shame GIF

"Fill out the Recruitment Survey"

Make sure that your final answer is "5-pin bowling isn't real bowling" the more we can get in there the better.

"Hidden point tasks"

I've brought this up too, possibly even to Bek. I honestly can't remember, I think the answer was a maybe. But really I can't remember shit that happened as long ago as that probably did, if it actually happened.😅

"Missed Turn"

Oh you're getting yelled at.

"Västerås pronunciation Guide"

It's basically pronounced the same as the country from GoT (Westeros), so just pretend it's called that. It's as close as you'll get if you're not Scandinavian.

"Is DC Mid?"

Yup, that's confirmed. That being said they keep winning against Chicago and we play them next sim. So maybe they can be slightly less mid?

"Shovel out word garbage"

I mean that's literally what .com's are for. Graphics are basically camp at this point. Many articles aren't far behind either.

"0 goal magic"

It's basically down to luck getting that few. Even if you're turbo passing with as little scoring as possible you still end up with a fair number of goals on the season. Also being on Bratislava helps, Brian Payne didn't get his 1st goal until like the 2nd to last week of the season in S82. There's no reason why that should help, but STHS is a fickle beast, so maybe there still is for some reason?🤷‍♂️

18 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

EXCUSE ME MISTERPHER TOTS, I WILL NOT HEAR THIS ANTI FORUM, PRO DISCORD TALK! Get up on outta heeere! Point Tasks are buried though.

Live in the now, old man! Although in the defense of forums, I miss like 99% of everything that happens on discord. Once it scrolls out of view it's gone forever (for me, anyway).

Wait, is it a coincidence that many of the podcasters frequently exhibit ADHD like behaviours?

Podcasting is a symptom? Medical breakthrough

Baxter is following the tried and true Poopy build.

Couldn't ask for a better role model than Poopy Peepants.

Hue Man Power.

Approved, it feels especially inclusive.

Don’t worry about having a 15 minute 3-pointer, I just recorded a nearly 40 minute 3-pointer.

OH AND NOW YOU’RE CALLING MY STYLE OF PODCASTING “DISRESPECTFUL”!?

Just trying to subtly erode the public opinion of your podcast so that I can usurp your position as Podcast King.

2 hours ago, Shindigs said:

Oh you're getting yelled at.

The fact that we had to wait in the lobby for 40 minutes made her forget all about my slight tardiness. 

It's basically pronounced the same as the country from GoT (Westeros), so just pretend it's called that. It's as close as you'll get if you're not Scandinavian.

Thanks for this! I can sound like I know what I'm talking about, and now I get to draw on all the lore I learned about GoT when I talk about their team. I even read the books.

Yup, that's confirmed. That being said they keep winning against Chicago and we play them next sim. So maybe they can be slightly less mid?

DC confirmed A-tier, you heard it here first.

I mean that's literally what .com's are for. Graphics are basically camp at this point. Many articles aren't far behind either.

That's fair. I don't know that it's a bad thing, necessarily. I'd rather have more content of a lower quality than see people discouraged from creating content because the quality isn't "up to standard" or whatever. I think I just feel like I'm robbing the league of TPE, which is completely absurd.

It's basically down to luck getting that few. Even if you're turbo passing with as little scoring as possible you still end up with a fair number of goals on the season. Also being on Bratislava helps, Brian Payne didn't get his 1st goal until like the 2nd to last week of the season in S82. There's no reason why that should help, but STHS is a fickle beast, so maybe there still is for some reason?🤷‍♂️

It seems to be working out pretty well for the team overall, Bratislava is having a good season! I honestly didn't expect to be nearly this productive. If I start getting goals right at the tail end of the season, it'll be confirmed that Bratislava has a scoring curse built into STHS.

49 minutes ago, ctots said:

That's fair. I don't know that it's a bad thing, necessarily. I'd rather have more content of a lower quality than see people discouraged from creating content because the quality isn't "up to standard" or whatever. I think I just feel like I'm robbing the league of TPE, which is completely absurd.

Yeah, I don't think it's a problem at all. The .coms are like the gateway drug to earning TPE, so you can just have fun with them and mess around. A lot of the time the low effort ones end up being more fun to read/look at/listen to anyways. Just because of the chaotic energy.