VSN Presents: TPE Max Earners #26-28

Greeting viewers, welcome to what is the final part of "TPE Max Earners". While there is always the potential that I may return to this series, it would be a long way down the road, when we have 15 or more players that have crossed the 1500 TPE threshold. I would also have to remember to keep track of that manually because as far I know there isn't a system in place that tracks any player that has crossed 1000 or in this case 1500 TPE, the top 25 chart is awesome but I do think it'd be handy to have one that keeps track of anyone that has hit the major milestones on either 1000 or 1500, or maybe you go in between at 1250. Anyway I'm getting carried away here, let's cover our last three players!

26: Battre Sandstorm (Acydburn) 1524 TPE

I feel I need to thank @Acydburn for getting their player Battre Sandstorm across the 1500 TPE barrier, if they didn't I'd only have two players to talk about and that would make me sad. Sandstorm was sitting at 1499 TPE and I was seriously thinking that they might just leave them there for the heck of it and we'd have a Mike Modano situation, thankfully Sandstorm got one more week of full updates to put them at 1524 overall TPE which puts them at rank 23. Once again to keep things simple for myself and viewers I'm putting him at spot 26 on my list, I will also note that Sandstorm is still playing this season but has been retired which is why I don't have an asterisk next to their name, 1524 is their final TPE number. With all that said we can actually get started, drafted eighth overall in the VHLM by the Saskatoon Wild in season 75 they played 89 games in the M split between the Marlins and Wild. He put up 39 goals, 58 assists for 97 points, 75 of those points came from playing with the Wild. In 7 playoff games - all with his draft team - he had 3 goals, 6 assists for 9 points. For his VHL draft he was selected second overall by the Prague Phantoms in season 76, and for his three WC appearances S82 was his best with 11 assists and 12 points.

Sandstorm played six of his eight seasons with his draft team before being traded over to the Riga Reign for his last two seasons. This final season for him could be his best yet in terms of goals, as he has already scored 25 in 65 games, tying his career high from last season. I'm getting ahead of myself though. Sandstorm has had five seasons above a point per game and two of them over 100, and they are looking to do it a third time to finish off his career, he only sits four points back. As a blue liner four 20 goal seasons is impressive, his first came in his rookie season with 21 but wouldn't get back to it till S81 with 24 goals, 93 assists for 117 points, Sandstorm would improve all of those numbers next season with 25 goals, 99 assists for 124 points. While his assists and points career highs are set at this point beating his own personal best goals record is still very possible as stated before. His career numbers right now are: 569 games played, 158 goals, 503 assists for 661 points. Battre Sandstorm has been lucky enough to make the postseason every time in his career so far and looks to do so for one final time. His best run is an easy pick as it was last season where he put up 15 assists and 20 points in 12 games, it's the only time he's been above a point per game in the playoffs. His current post season numbers are: 60 games played, 14 goals, 37 assists for 51 points.

Finally Sandstorm does have two personal awards to his name, both coming in season 82, the Alexander Beketov Trophy and the Alexander Valiq Trophy, I guess he really likes trophies with the name "Alexander" in them. Most TPE in a week 49.

27: Dakota Lamb (dlamb) 1509 TPE

Jumping down very close to the 1500 TPE line, we have @dlamb's player Dakota Lamb, see I told ya I'd talk about him. Lamb, much like Hextall was a draft steal but for different reasons, whereas confusion surrounded whether Hexy was going up to the VHL or not, my guess with Lamb is that GM's thought he was going to be a bust or that perhaps dlamb wasn't a proven member yet thus others getting picked over him. (I am an older member than dlamb, which surprises me honestly) The Miami Marauders would be the lucky team to pick him up at 49th overall in round four and what a good pick it was. In his first season with Miami he posted 93 points with 37 goals and 56 assists, in his second go around he scored 44 goals, 48 assists for 92 points. Overall that's 185 points in 144 games, in the S72 playoffs he played 7 games, scored just as many goals, had 6 assists for 13 points. In season 73 Miami went 15 games deep but Lamb only had 4 goals, 3 assists for 7 points, it is kind of interesting how his point totals were lower the second go around with Miami, of course you take those 44 goals in the regular season. In the VHL draft he still wasn't one of the top overall picks, but 10th overall is still much better than 49th, the team that picked him in the S73 draft was the Warsaw Predators. His first go around in the WC was his best with 5 goals, 6 assists for 11 points.

Dakota Lamb adds to another, separate list, that being one of players that play with one team for most of their career before going to another one in their final season. Drawing another similarity to Jaxx Hextall, Lamb only played seven seasons in the VHL, instead of the eight seasons everyone is so used to seeing on here. Lamb had a point per game in six of his seven seasons, hitting 100 points three times. The one time he failed to hit a point per game was his sophomore season with 70 points, which is still remarkable. I feel I have to talk about his excellent rookie campaign with 43 goals, 47 assists for 90 points, in total Lamb had four 40 goal seasons. His final season which was split between Warsaw and Vancouver saw him put up 49 goals which must have been frustrating to be one away from 50, he would end up putting 102 points on the scoresheet that season. S79 was his best for points and assists, recording 108 points, 64 assists and notching 44 goals, S77 is worth mentioning with 104 points, scoring 46 goals and getting 58 assists. His career regular season numbers are: 505 games played, 266 goals scored, 383 assists, and 649 points. In the playoffs Lamb has been nothing but fantastic, he's never failed to score at least 13 points, in fact he sits above a point per game in every playoff appearance. I would say it makes it hard to choose but it really doesn't, because in S78 he put up 34 points in just 17 games played, scoring 10 goals and getting 24 apples, one of the best playoff performances ever. Overall his totals are: 83 games played, 43 goals, 79 assists for 122 points.

In terms of personal awards Lamb only has the one, the Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy has best rookie of his class, he does have four cups however, making up for lack of personal achievements, Victory Cups in S77 and S80 and Continental Cups in S78 and S80. Most TPE in a week 43. 

28: Hulk Hogan (Hogan) 1500 TPE 

Our final player got exactly to 1500 TPE, I wouldn't blame anyone if they forgot that Hulk Hogan made it to the milestone. @Hogan pushed on though, to get his player there and has had to wait the longest to see his player get up here, your efforts have been noticed Hogan, don't worry. Hogan was drafted 22nd overall in the second round by the Mississauga Hounds in season 66, playing a full season with the team he put up 17 goals and 77 assists for 94 points, five games in the playoffs he put up just 5 assists. In the VHL draft he was selected 5th overall by the Seattle Bears in season 67. His best WC performance was his last in S74, where he scored 2 goals, 9 assists for 11 points.

As our final player Hogan falls into the same group Sandstorm does, playing with one team his entire career, Hogan achieved a point per game in his final three seasons, he was one point shy in his fifth season and just four points shy in his second season. Hogan never made it to 100 points in a season but as a blue liner his numbers are still very impressive. His sophomore season saw him put up 68 points which was a 25 point jump over his rookie season, his 60 assists that season was the first of five times he'd hit that mark. The second half of his career saw him only get better with age, going from 45 points to 71, 78, 93 and 94 points in his final season. His goal scoring really picked up in his final two seasons as he scored 24 and 26 goals respectfully. His career high in assists was 69 in that second last season of his and the goals and points career highs were in his final season. Overall his regular season totals are: 576 games played, 105 goals scored, 444 assists, 549 points. Outside of his rookie season Hogan went to the playoffs every year with the Bears, S70 is his best in terms of points per game, posting 4 goals, 10 assists for 14 points in 11 games. I do wanna point out that from S71 to S73 Hogan failed to score a playoff goal in 41 games but did put up 29 assists in that time frame. His playoff totals are: 90 games played, 9 goals, 64 assists, 73 points.

For one last time let's talk about trophies and cups, Hogan won four, count em four Continental Cups, S68, S69, S71 and S73. You can also add a Victory Cup on top of that last season. He won the Vladimir Boomchenko and Ryan Sullivan Trophies in S66 and the Alexander Beketov Trophy in S71. Most TPE in a week 64.

Thank you everyone that kept up with this series, no matter when you started reading it. I never thought I'd be invited to be a VSN writer and getting to shift this series over to it was awesome! This was a very long project and an interesting one to tackle, but I look to the horizon for a new topic, a new challenge! I will see you all soon with a new series!

(word count 1869)

Edited by ROOKIE745

• Commissioner
26 minutes ago, ROOKIE745 said:

Sandstorm adds to the list of players sticking with one team their whole career; he has played every game of his career with the Prague Phantoms with this being his final go around.

Um you know I played on Riga for my final 2 seasons right? 

54 minutes ago, Acydburn said:

Um you know I played on Riga for my final 2 seasons right? 

Oh god, that's embarrassing DX I'll fix right it away!! Thank you for pointing it out!

2 hours ago, dlamb said:

:kekw:

great write up though, glad to be a part of the 1500 club!

Man.... how the fuck did I mess that up? DX

Happy to talk about your player! Your part of a pretty cool club!