The ABC's of Appreciation

Tate

My initial thought for this week's theme week was to do a podcast, which I may still get to this week depending on how it all shakes out, but I have decided to write a PT instead. This was due to the fact that I've been reading all of these appreciation posts and thinking about how I am tagged in absolutely none of them. Just wait a moment, before you react to my selfish insecurities, it's okay- I mean, I'm okay with it. I know I shouldn't focus on myself at all this week because it's quite self-centered and narcissistic of me, and defeats the purpose of the theme in of itself... BUT... the lack of a tag made me understand just how much I am barely a part of this community. 

It's my own fault, let's be real. I don't reach out to hardly anyone and I am never on discord. I barely post on other people's posts and I rarely engage outside of a simple reply to one of my posts. I am very much a recluse on purpose and I have some sort of issue deep within me that prevents me from engaging more than I do. I'm not quite sure what it is anymore... that is... what it is about me that pushes me away from others. I do it both instinctively, and with intent. I am constantly available in the sense that I do check the forums daily but I can't help but feel reluctance to engage even when I am engaged with. I am a confusing person, even to myself.

And yet, I still want to be here... maybe it is as simple as having a player? A purpose. Maybe it all has to do with simple stats and trying to be the best at something that SHOULD involve my engagement but for some reason I am unable to give into it. I don't know why, and while I didn't expect to feel sadness this week I do. It's so dumb, but I do. The funny thing is that I know I won't change this about me. I know that the inner part of me that purposely stays at a distance will still win this war, and that I will still stay away. Because the part of me that should be stronger, that should be more willing, went away a long time ago. It's weird to realize something like this about yourself, and so it is that I will now show my appreciation is the most distant form ever---

RANDOM TAGS!

That's right, I am going to start tagging each letter of the alphabet and the first member to pop up is going to get my appreciation. So here we go:

@A Lazz - Hello you fine person, and while you were only with us for one day and one post- I still appreciate that. Perhaps you will return one day? Perhaps not. 

@B Beach - I have to admit, I'm a fan of the beach, and beaches- so I appreciate that you put that word in your username. 

@C12K - My childhood best friend's fav number was 12, and I asked him why - he told me, "What could be better than 1 next to 2?" 

@D-Note - I'm curious what the D references in the note. I have an imagination but I don't want to get banned. 

@E.J - I used to like listening to EJ Hradek.

@F1R3 - When I first saw your name I thought it was an acronym for, "For Real."

@G Beaudoin - Your name sounds French, a language I love. 

@H0PPY75 - Here's a question, could you hop 75 times in a row? Let's see it!

@I dont know what I am doin - Neither do I.

@j__z - Anyone else seeing a NSFW name here?

@K13R4N - Again I am seeing, "Karen," in your name, and because of that you need to settle down!

@l Vector x 12 l - If you're like me you would never expect the first initial in this username to be L, instead you'd think it was I. But I digress.

@M-Dawg - You my dawg!

@N0HBDY - Ah yes, we finally land on a person I know. I do appreciate you good sir, you were a great AGM in New York and I think of you as a fine member of this community. 

@O Ghost O - (insert scary ghost face)

@P-O Fournier - Anyone else think Fournier is PO'ed? Settle down, you're appreciated. 

@Qew - The most original username you can get!

@r0p0nen - Keep it classy.

@S. Kuchar - Name is so close to Kachur that it scares me, but because it's not Kachur I appreciate you.

@T0PSHELF - Up top! 

@UDan - Udan right!

@v.2 - Hello another member I recognize, and while we haven't had too many interactions I appreciate what you do for this community. You come across as a very supportive and fun person, and it's people like you that make this site as great as it is. 

@W25644 - Yes it's been a long time, but those 2 posts of yours were 2 little. 

@x Dahlin x - Not even one post? Still appreciated, so there. 

@yaboiaidan14 - What up my boi!?

@Zach DeDutchie - Sounds like a wonderful dessert. 

There you have it.

Till next time!

Edited by Tate