2014-2015 NHL Discussion

Sandro

Dunno, he's a RW but he's a lefty, I don't know if the bruins want another offwing winger in their lineup. Cam Atkinson won't cost much and could be a good fit at right wing.

Edited by boubabi

Apparently Yandle in NYR is really close to be done. I hope Bergevin has something up his sleeve, 'cause if we want to win the cup, this is the year, Price is simply unreal, PK is stepping up is game, game after game, everyone (except Eller) is playing good right now, But with Chicago, NYR, etc.. making big deals, the cup is just slipping away.

Edited by FueledByRamen

Apparently Yandle in NYR is really close to be done. I hope Bergevin has something up his sleeve, 'cause if we want to win the cup, this is the year, Price is simply unreal, PK is stepping up is game, game after game, everyone (except Eller) is playing good right now, But with Chicago, NYR, etc.. making big deals, the cup is just slipping away.

AZ: John Moore+Anthony Duclair+1st Pick (2016)

NYR: Keith Yandle + AZ retain 50% of Yandle's cap.

I don't know about you guys, but 'Yotes FTW

Edited by FueledByRamen

Arizona*

Yandle like the debate earlier was on the wrong team. Put anyone not named Lidstrom or Shea Weber on that Arizona team and their defensive stats go down the tubes. He will probably strive in an environment and area where AV will use him in the right situation.

Based AV.  :worthy:

Willie is nice 'n all but his obsession with Medicine Hat kids pisses me the fuck off sometimes, ex. Dorsett on the second line and #1 PP unit.

Based AV.  :worthy:

Willie is nice 'n all but his obsession with Medicine Hat kids pisses me the fuck off sometimes, ex. Dorsett on the second line and #1 PP unit.

Because he plays with energy and won't quit on the puck. With the makeup of the Canucks roster (Higgins, Vey, Hansen etc) who don't seem to play with conviction, Dorsett does and will work harder than anyone in the corners. However, after watching enough games Vey is pretty useless.

The whole thing with Vey is infuriating too. But there are quite a few guys I'd rather try out on the #1 PP before I go to Dorsett. Hansen, Horvat, Kenins, or even Matthias.

Apparently Habs are interested in Joe Thornton.. Everyone said that we wouldn't trade for Jagr because he's slow.. I'm confused now.. And we play San José tomorrow, this could be an interesting turn of events ^^

The whole thing with Vey is infuriating too. But there are quite a few guys I'd rather try out on the #1 PP before I go to Dorsett. Hansen, Horvat, Kenins, or even Matthias.

Well for one Higgins is an offensive black hole so there is another guy who doesn't deserve PP time. The issue with putting other guys in is that they aren't as hungry in the corners. It's all a minor point though cause the #1 unit sees 75% of the time.

Apparently Habs are interested in Joe Thornton.. Everyone said that we wouldn't trade for Jagr because he's slow.. I'm confused now.. And we play San José tomorrow, this could be an interesting turn of events ^^

They would have to shed at least 4.4 Million, which is possible going the other way. However SJ may want prospects and picks so Montreal would also have to discard of a contract like say Gonchar, Emelin, Eller, PAP,  or DDes. However even those guys probably don't excite San Jose. Gaunter is old and expiring, Emelin has declined a little, Eller has fallen off the map, PAP doesn't really fit SJ long-term and DDes is a little out of the SJ style. So if that was to happen it would most likely be a bulk of players who are currently eating up pro contracts.

Don't want him either. We have too many centers. Yes, he would be a great playmaker for Patch, but he's super slow. We're a speedy team, he wouldn't fit. Just like Jagr. We probably have to trade Eller because we have too many Cs. DD-Pleky-JDLR-Malhotra would be my center for the playoffs (you need Manny for the faceoffs in our zone). Eller has to go , but he will probably not because he's good in the post-season. If we could land a guy like Eberle (in a pack maybe with Petry), we don't know what Eberle can do in the playoffs, the guy is the most clutch player I've ever seen in the WJC, could be amazing with Chucky and Pleky (Gally's gonna stay with Patch and DD). I saw a fake twitter say that Habs made an offer for Simmonds. MB should really try, he would be the perfect fit.

Also, all that talk around McCarron maybe going scares me.

DEADLINE DAY! IT BEGINS!

"Boston acquires Brett Connolly from Tampa Bay." - Darren Dreger (vs 2 2nd round picks)

"Flyers deal Coburn to Lightning for Gudas and two picks." - Chris Johnston (Picks are a 1st and a 3rd.)

Edited by FueledByRamen

Yeah, for the Canucks I'd love to see Horvat or Kenins on the #1 PP. I wouldn't mind Hansen or Matthias there either.

Hell, Matthias has been playing beastly and definitely deserves some time with the Sedins on the PP.

I don't think Matthias would work with the Sedins on the PP, just don't see their styles of play meshing all that well. When the team gets healthy, I'd like to see them run something like this:

Daniel - Henrik - Burrows/Kassian

Vrbata - Edler

Kenins - Horvat - Kassian/Burrows

Corrado - Bonino

The first PP is pretty obvious, you load it up with all the top guys to get it done. The second unit is where I'm getting a little creative. You have three guys who could serve as a net front presence and/or do the dirty work in the corners and protect the puck. I went with Kenins over Matthias for two reasons: First is his very apparent chemistry with Horvat, and second is I feel like Kenins is more dangerous in that situation. Matthias is very effective off the rush because of his speed and strength, I don't know if he's as effective cycling the puck around and all that. Bonino would effectively quarterback that unit, and I've got Corrado on there because he's a right handed shot, I feel like he gets his shots through more than any of the other options. Tanev would also be interesting on there, and Weber is a good option when he's in the lineup. I just don't want to see Hamhuis or Bieksa there anymore.

Ideally I'd like to see these lines once most of the guys who are close to being healthy come back. Bieksa could slide back into the third pairing when he's healthy, but he still seems to be a ways off for the time being:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Burrows - Bonino - Vrbata

Kenins - Horvat - Hansen

Matthias - Richardson - Dorsett

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Corrado

Stanton - Weber

Even better would be if the Canucks could offload Higgins for a couple picks (hey, Glencross nabbed a 2nd + 3rd) and maybe steal Patrick Wiercioch away from Ottawa, since he seems to be on the block. He'd be an upgrade over Stanton and Sbisa for the third pairing for sure.

Edited by Sandro