2014-2015 NHL Discussion

Sandro

Yeah what happened to Richards? I heard he was gonna be traded then got sent down.. they he was injured or something? I dont know.

His pay is too high for a player that far down their depth chart as of now.

Ovi could go down as the greatest winger of all time.

At first I wanted to write this off as crazy talk, but then I got to thinking... who else would I say is better?  Keep in mind, I have two Ovechkin jerseys - I LOVE him as a player.

Guy Lafleur, Jaromir Jagr, Gordie Howe, and Teemu Selanne are all guys who are still far ahead of him at this point.  We'll see what happens down the road though. If he can get his team a Stanley Cup or two then it'll go a long way towards getting him into that territory.  Right now he's in that tier with guys like Luc Robitaille, Bobby Hull, and maybe Mike Bossy (because of injuries)

At first I wanted to write this off as crazy talk, but then I got to thinking... who else would I say is better?  Keep in mind, I have two Ovechkin jerseys - I LOVE him as a player.

Guy Lafleur, Jaromir Jagr, Gordie Howe, and Teemu Selanne are all guys who are still far ahead of him at this point.  We'll see what happens down the road though. If he can get his team a Stanley Cup or two then it'll go a long way towards getting him into that territory.  Right now he's in that tier with guys like Luc Robitaille, Bobby Hull, and maybe Mike Bossy (because of injuries)

Well, at least goal scoring wise he should be up there. He has the Rocket locked up but the race for the Ross is still on.

Yeah he could be in the running as the greatest goalscorer ever, considering the era he plays in and what he's done.  Not strong enough in some other areas to compete with the top tier of players all time though I don't think.  Like I said, he has time still to do some great things.  Would love to see the Capitals win a Cup this year.

You know nothing of embarassing defenses.

Their play has been Flyers level of late. Sbisa and Bieksa both tried to slide tackle within three seconds of each other on a PK, and Hamhuis is played injured and is basically a pylon. Weber has moments, Edler is usually good but makes some big mistakes at times, and Tanev is a god send that I wish we could clone.

Edited by Sandro

Hopefully after that Canucks loss, they can beat the Kings on Monday to avoid a 3 game losing streak and help keep LA out of the playoffs. You know for sure that the Kings will come out and try to solidify a spot in the post-season.

There were some pretty bad goals that game against Lack. Defense wasn't great either.

Higgins hit a post in the final minute on a perfect chance as well....would have been ridiculous if the Canucks scored 2 goals with the goalie pulled to tie it.

If the Jets make the playoffs, they will be a hard team to beat considering the style of game they play as well. They're Byfuglien-less right now as well.

Colorado 10 shots against LA tonight.

I will laugh so hard if Pittsburgh misses the playoffs after trading away their 1st this season.

Yeah...who would have thought that Ottawa would also be chasing Pittsburgh right now. Pitty has 78GP just like Ottawa though, so it'll be harder for them to catch with Boston playing 79. Both teams are 3 points up on the Sens.

It's been a race between Boston and Ottawa for awhile, but I don't think anybody would have thought that Pittsburgh would drop down as well.

RIP Panthers.

Only team out of the playoff picture that can make it in the East are the Sens. Hoping Boston starts slipping up.

Jets are the only ones really left competing in the West. Hope they make it over LA.

Canucks win tonight and Jets lose in regulation, then the Canucks clinch.

I don't really want that to happen though. I'd rather both the Canucks and Winnipeg win. I want those Canadian teams in. Such a huge game tonight for the Canucks against LA.

I can't believe Pittsburgh. Who would have thought at this point they'd be getting chased by Ottawa as well? Ottawa needs to have more points than either Boston or Pittsburgh though, as they lose on tie-breakers.