2014-2015 NHL Discussion

Sandro

Well Lazar's penalty shouldn't have been called. Trust got hit that way earlier with no call, then Turris got hit that way and still no call. You as a Ref have to remain consistent.

Let's not forget the two goalie interference calls they didn't give.

Edited by Kendrick

Transition year, not sure it matters.

It does when it's the Calgary fucking Flames. Even more so when my confidence in the current regime has dropped consistently over the last month.

It does when it's the Calgary fucking Flames. Even more so when my confidence in the current regime has dropped consistently over the last month.

Oh chill out Sandro. The regime is just getting started. Stop it with the knee jerk reactions.

Oh chill out Sandro. The regime is just getting started. Stop it with the knee jerk reactions.

Yet their decision making ability has fallen off a cliff since the trade deadline.

Daniel Sedin played 36 seconds in the final five minutes tonight. His ice time has gone down in each period in both Game 1 and Game 3. He played less than five minutes of the third period tonight. Hansen, Higgins, Bonino, and Vrbata all had more ice time.

This is bad coaching. Period.

Yet their decision making ability has fallen off a cliff since the trade deadline.

Daniel Sedin played 36 seconds in the final five minutes tonight. His ice time has gone down in each period in both Game 1 and Game 3. He played less than five minutes of the third period tonight. Hansen, Higgins, Bonino, and Vrbata all had more ice time.

This is bad coaching. Period.

There is a reason they are in the NHL as a coaching staff and you and your couch haven't got the call yet as a tandem. Patience. If they lose to Calgary you will turn the page and say "It was a transition year anyways", if they win you will say "They are going all the way!". Just chillax mane.

There is a reason they are in the NHL as a coaching staff and you and your couch haven't got the call yet as a tandem. Patience. 

I'm also a 20 year old kid working shitty jobs and trying to figure out what to school for, so of course I haven't been called. It doesn't mean I don't understand the sport.

It doesn't change that Desjardins has shown so far that he is loathe to adapt his strategies when it's clear the opposing coach is flat-out outcoaching him. Rolling four lines is great to keep your top players fresh, but that's precisely so you can play them more when you're down by a goal or two late in the third period of a playoff game.

It also makes it incredibly easy for Hartley to match lines when Calgary has home ice. He can keep the Monahan line away from the Sedins, who make their impact fucking NOTHING in Vancouver. He can keep his bottom two pairings away from the Sedins, who were getting eaten alive when Vancouver had home ice. He can make sure his best players play against the disaster that is Bonino's line, and the garbage fire that is Sbisa and Bieksa.

They are being outcoached, and outplayed. That is how you lose hockey games.

If they lose to Calgary you will turn the page and say "It was a transition year anyways", if they win you will say "They are going all the way!". Just chillax mane.

More like "holy shit we lost to Calgary" or "thank fucking god we beat Calgary".

Edited by Sandro

Chicago / Nashville series is the best series in this round so far.

Ottawa were a bit unlucky to get the lose in that one - but unfortunately for them, if they aren't going to take their chances / can't find a way to beat price - they'll be swept away

I'm also a 20 year old kid working shitty jobs and trying to figure out what to school for, so of course I haven't been called. It doesn't mean I don't understand the sport.

It doesn't change that Desjardins has shown so far that he is loathe to adapt his strategies when it's clear the opposing coach is flat-out outcoaching him. Rolling four lines is great to keep your top players fresh, but that's precisely so you can play them more when you're down by a goal or two late in the third period of a playoff game.

It also makes it incredibly easy for Hartley to match lines when Calgary has home ice. He can keep the Monahan line away from the Sedins, who make their impact fucking NOTHING in Vancouver. He can keep his bottom two pairings away from the Sedins, who were getting eaten alive when Vancouver had home ice. He can make sure his best players play against the disaster that is Bonino's line, and the garbage fire that is Sbisa and Bieksa.

They are being outcoached, and outplayed. That is how you lose hockey games.

More like "holy shit we lost to Calgary" or "thank fucking god we beat Calgary".

I'm a 24 year old kid working shitty jobs and trying to figure out what to school for. Try to figure it out sooner, and I know that's not simple because I was you 4 years ago and I still am. Although my job right now pays pretty well since I've had the time, but it's a job...not a career. There's also a big opportunity for me coming up with an apprenticeship in a trade so hopefully I won't have to pay for my own schooling, but enough about me.

Canucks weren't hitting enough. They were playing a little scared it seemed. I'm extremely glad that Bieksa dropped Ferland at the end of Game 3 because maybe that'll show the kid who's boss. I hate how they go off about Ferland running the Canucks all game and it's, "Wow! What a guy, he's got heart!"...but then Burrows runs somebody and it's, "Wow, that's a dirty play he can't be doing that."

It's funny you're complaining when the two announcers ate pretty big nuck homers..

They were in the second game for sure, but the third game they were praising Calgary every chance they got.

Sam Bennett!! This kid is 18!! HE'S 18!!

JOHNNY HOCKEYYYY

FERLAND IS A FORCE OUT THERE

The game before that was a little much though...with Hughson talking about "The Legend of Lack" after he won his first playoff game.

Burrows left practice clutching his arm and screaming for help from the medical staff, was just loaded into an ambulance on a stretcher and hauled off to the hospital. Team says precautionary reasons but this sounds like a heart attack to me...

Baertschi also sucks so.. :3

In Baertschi's defense, Vey is one of the softest players I've seen. He also can't make a first pass a centre out of his own end. Not really fit for the playoffs. Oh and face-offs? You'd have to spell out thats hyphenated word to him because he has no clue what it means either.

Baertschi also sucks so.. :3

Baertschi made the second line -- a second line that has been invisible most of the season -- look somewhat dangerous, even if it was against Edmonton. As Kendrick has pointed out, Linden Vey is useless.