2014-2015 NHL Discussion

Sandro

Well, when there's a bunch of Canucks fans then that will happen. If there were more fans from other teams I think it would be the same.

Most teams complain.

I'm kind of excited for Buffalo this season. Eichel, Kane, O'Reilly, etc etc. They've already been tearing it up in pre-season.

Well, when there's a bunch of Canucks fans then that will happen. If there were more fans from other teams I think it would be the same.

Most teams complain.

I'm kind of excited for Buffalo this season. Eichel, Kane, O'Reilly, etc etc. They've already been tearing it up in pre-season.

Lehner for a 1st :S

Sandro the guy really had no chance with you did he? That's too bad, quick to judge him.

It was a terrible trade from the get-go. I was never a fan of acquiring Sutter, even going back to the initial Kesler to PIT rumours. $4.3M for conceivably the fourth line centre. Henrik Sedin is Henrik Sedin, and Bo Horvat and Jared McCann have outplayed just about everyone else in the pre-season.

Edited by Sandro

It was a terrible trade from the get-go. I was never a fan of acquiring Sutter, even going back to the initial Kesler to PIT rumours. $4.3M for conceivably the fourth line centre. Henrik Sedin is Henrik Sedin, and Bo Horvat and Jared McCann have outplayed just about everyone else in the pre-season.

I get that, but it's not his fault if he is now expected to have expectations because management did a deal you dislike. 

Guess how many fucks JB gives about you not being a fan of acquiring Sutter? Yeah thats right, none. So can you stop posting in this topic bitching and moaning about every detail that the Canucks do wrong?

Guess how many fucks JB gives about you not being a fan of acquiring Sutter? Yeah thats right, none. So can you stop posting in this topic bitching and moaning about every detail that the Canucks do wrong?

How about don't read the thread if you don't want to see people with different opinions than you? I don't slob all over Jimbo's knob like you.

How about don't read the thread if you don't want to see people with different opinions than you? I don't slob all over Jimbo's knob like you.

Difference in opinions is one thing Sandro, I get that. However it seems like each day its a bitch about Sutter which kind of just seems like nagging haha

Florida apparently never had a goalie coach in the AHL so there wasn't anyone around to really help him with his techniques which I find are his glaring weaknesses. Just needs to go back to basics, I still think there is time for him to turn it around, I mean if Dubnyk can.....

It is proven that Goalies take the longest to develop, Markstrom is only 25. Look at a guy like Rinne, Quick, Lundqvist, Rask etc they all didnt get good until there mid twenties. Markstrom has proved he can compete at the pro level like he did in Utica. He has looked good so far in pre-season. I think hes gonna be a future starter and could potentially challenge Miller this season or next.

It is proven that Goalies take the longest to develop, Markstrom is only 25. Look at a guy like Rinne, Quick, Lundqvist, Rask etc they all didnt get good until there mid twenties. Markstrom has proved he can compete at the pro level like he did in Utica. He has looked good so far in pre-season. I think hes gonna be a future starter and could potentially challenge Miller this season or next.

There is a lot wrong with this statement.

Ask started to be good when he was 23 years old, which is young. Quick was around 23-24, which is also young. Lundqvist was 21 when he was good, just never made the jump to the NHL. Even then when he came here he was 23 and was good. Rinne was around 25, so yeah that one is correct.

Markstrom has shown he can? Not so sure of that. The AHL is a far cry from the NHL level of talent. Travis Morin, T.J. Brennan, Chris Terry and Corey Locke have shown us that. I think people evaluate him on short little stints here and there. His pre-season has been good, but when NHL calibre rosters are shooting on him he has shown to buckle.

Could also add Mason to that list. Guy won a Calder early on but then ran into problems for multiple reasons. Guy has turned it around in Philly though and is what, 25? 26?

RE: Sutter. As someone who watched him play when he was on both Carolina and Pitt just from watching the Flyers, the guy is just decidedly average at best. He's not exactly bad, but there was a huge difference between watching Staal shut down Richards/Giroux and then Sutter be relative ineffective.

RE: Sutter. As someone who watched him play when he was on both Carolina and Pitt just from watching the Flyers, the guy is just decidedly average at best. He's not exactly bad, but there was a huge difference between watching Staal shut down Richards/Giroux and then Sutter be relative ineffective.

Exactly. What's been absolutely infuriating is Benning has gone on and on about all these things Sutter has done, and based on everything I've seen of him it's almost as if Benning never watched him play before.

Exactly. What's been absolutely infuriating is Benning has gone on and on about all these things Sutter has done, and based on everything I've seen of him it's almost as if Benning never watched him play before.

Benning > Sandro in regards to hockey years of knowledge.

Benning > Sandro in regards to hockey years of knowledge.

Working in an industry for years doesn't guarantee you know more than someone else. I'm not saying I know more than him about Sutter, but Benning is either willingly oblivious to certain players' flaws (I mean... LUCA SBISA!) or he actually doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

Edited by Sandro

Or you just like to rag on a guy before he come here. He everyone, remember the goalie graveyard? Now you see why.

The goalie graveyard existed in part because they kept acquiring shitty goalies.

McCann's been fantastic. Should get his 9 games in the NHL, if not the rest of the season. Depends on those 9 games, obviously.

Virtanen created that turnover with the hit as well.

Markstrom played well last night against Arizona with the shutout, but that was Arizona. At least he had a good game though.

If every player this pre-season was playing for a spot, our full lineup would be mostly rookies. McCann would be a 1st liner.

If Corrado and Virtanen make the team over Hutton and Mccann I will be surprised. Corrado has been invisible other then a few plays last game, Hutton is for sure ahead of Corrado in development. 

Although this is just pre-season but considering Hutton and Mccann are both ppg on a team where offense will be needed I think they should stay.