Doktor's Update

DoktorFunk

I suppose I should start in the beginning. A lot has happened to me since I was last super active on this forum! I kind of let Jolly Greene Giant's career peter out and I haven't really committed to Chip Stone like I should. That is something I desperately want to change. The biggest and most recent change in my life has been that I left my job. I couldn't stand being there anymore as it was a super weight on my psyche every single day. I quit, I'm on unemployment while I look for another job, and I couldn't be happier. I'm focusing on my school and classes are going well! I should have my degree by the end of next year. This has left me with a modicum of additional time, and it's given me some ideas:

1. Bring back my podcast. I'll probably be doing it alone at first. It would be a great way to refamiliarize myself and work on my speaking skills while I'm not in a public facing job. It's still my favorite way to make TPE and I should have more time to do it now. Unless @DarkSpyro has the time again. 👀 I really enjoyed my podcast with him, and I hope he's doing super well! I have no idea how we'd react to the league now! Are any of the old heads still around?

2. Do a VHL Alumni game/exhibition game and either broadcast it live on Twitch or record it and post it as a video. This is an idea that me and @DarkSpyro had years ago and I'd finally have the time to make it happen. I think it would be fun to see some of the players in the league actually competing against each other and calling it. Especially with how much better NHL 22 is with customization options, players could submit exactly what they want their player type, stats, abilities and everything to be well-represented.

4. Well, you tell me! Is there anything that the site is lacking as far as immersive elements are concerned? Is there any kind of content that doesn't exist here that you'd like to see more of? I'm game. I really enjoy making content and I do find myself with plenty of time to do so even if I do lack the motivation.

I'm glad that there isn't really a consistent meta. The old TPE system led to way too many of the same build type, and I feel like this is the perfect time to get back into it. Chip Stone seems like he might actually have something, so I'm going to keep trying to develop him. I'm hoping I can make this a consistent thing. Seeing Seattle win the cup today has actually reinvigorated my desire to be active on here again. Who knows? Maybe Chip may even end up in Seattle? I would really like to play there or Davos, but I'll play anywhere as long as the culture is strong and fun! Let's see if it sticks!

11 hours ago, DoktorFunk said:

Bring back my podcast. I'll probably be doing it alone at first. It would be a great way to refamiliarize myself and work on my speaking skills while I'm not in a public facing job. It's still my favorite way to make TPE and I should have more time to do it now. Unless @DarkSpyro has the time again. 👀 I really enjoyed my podcast with him, and I hope he's doing super well! I have no idea how we'd react to the league now! Are any of the old heads still around?

I am so fn keen 

On 6/10/2022 at 8:56 PM, DoktorFunk said:

Unless @DarkSpyro has the time again. 👀 I really enjoyed my podcast with him, and I hope he's doing super well! I have no idea how we'd react to the league now!

@DoktorFunkIf I’m being honest? This would most likely bring me back to the league. 👀 

It looks like we both been through some shit since we left, but we both might be on the same page around the same time.. funny because we usually were. The days of our podcast were some of the best. DaSLN is an experience that this community has been deprived of for too long, brother. Let’s do it. 👍 

18 hours ago, DarkSpyro said:

@DoktorFunkIf I’m being honest? This would most likely bring me back to the league. 👀 

It looks like we both been through some shit since we left, but we both might be on the same page around the same time.. funny because we usually were. The days of our podcast were some of the best. DaSLN is an experience that this community has been deprived of for too long, brother. Let’s do it. 👍 

Older and wiser, eh? Yeah! I dunno when, but let's do it! I've got a couple weeks of prioritizing a job search, but I'm 100% down!

On 6/15/2022 at 11:28 AM, DoktorFunk said:

Older and wiser, eh? Yeah! I dunno when, but let's do it! I've got a couple weeks of prioritizing a job search, but I'm 100% down!

Excellent!! Best of luck bro!! Keep in touch on discord 👌