Lots of Things

NSG

Dang, a lot's happened this offseason for me, and there's still a lot to come, so you know what that means: It's time for an article!!! @Shindigs reading the part about Tucker Jr, which is the last 2 paragraphs, will give you some more meaningless stats to know.

First off, we'll start with me. The new Vancouver GM, @Frank, was announced, and pretty shortly after he got into the LR, he fired me, and although my word choice might make me sound bitter or underappreciated or whatever, I'm not. In fact, that's definitely a good take on his part because not only does he get to hire someone who's actually helpful, it also helps Vancouver further distance itself from meta, and I will be rooting for the Wolves to do well again. After I said effectively that in the VHL GM Office, @Ricer13 said something along the lines off "You're the regional assistant general manager of Calgary now," which if I'm not mistaken is a reference to something I said in an EFL LR a while back, so in the spoiler is a backstory

Spoiler

The reference I think he's making is about something I said in an EFL LR in Season 28 or 29 (currently, it's Season 35, so a while back). The general manager of San Francisco at the time, Blade (RIP Blade) had asked for an AGM, so me and Ricer and maybe some others applied. In the end, Ricer got the AGM job, but Blade liked my enthusiasm enough, so she let me in the LR and gave me the informal role of "Coach." Eventually, I thought, "Oh, I'm basically the assistant to the AGM!" and so I changed my display name in that server to "Assistant to the AGM." Eventually, the two of them noticed the display name and thought it was a really funny "The Office" reference, however, I had never watched The Office in my life, so they had to explain it to me with this (or a pretty much identical) GIF.

assistant-to-the-regional-manager-assist

After that, I understood the reference I had accidentally made, and it seems that Ricer still remembers it, even though he stepped down from AGMing like a month later (which helped enable my rather quick rise up the ranks to SF GM). So, yeah.

As for Henry Tucker the elder, he is getting amped up to play in his final hockey games (in VHL ProAm), ever as he was selected 29th by the Yorkshire Sissies. Many players on the team have been looking up to him, as he is the oldest current ProAm player out there, and only 10 seasons ago, he was one of the youngest. After he inevitably guides the Sissies to a championship and goes out with a bang, it appears likely that he will spend his retirement on a beach somewhere, sipping some nice drinks, swimming, sunbathing, and occasionally golfing, with public appearances being rather limited. 

But all the fun stuff is happening to Henry Tucker Jr, who is in the midst of a wild, wild offseason. After watching from the bench as Halifax faltered in the semifinals, he learned that he was eligible for the Junior Showcase Tournament and had been selected by the Brigade. Although he had some initial struggles, Tucker overcame those and the Brigade, though finishing last, ended the regular season on a high note, and for the regular season, Tucker Jr was 4-6-1 in 11 games with a 2.92 GAA, .871 SV% and 1 shutout

In the playoffs, which all 4 teams made, Tucker Jr's last seeded Brigade appeared to be headed down & out after dropping the first 2 games against the top-seeded Warriors. However, their GM, @ajwllmsn, made a huge counting blunder and declared that the Warriors were going to the finals in his LR before realizing that 2 does not equal 3. His realization was too late, however, as Tucker Jr and the entire Brigade came through and pulled off the JST's first-ever reverse sweep to make the finals. Now facing the Royals, Tucker Jr & Co. won the first two games, and after dropping a game, won Game 4 for the championship. In the playoffs, HTJ's performance improved, as he went 6-2-0 in 9 games (1 of which he came off the bench for) with a GAA of 2.79 and a SV% of .882. His off-season is not over, however, as he now stares down the VHLM Draft. One of the top RCs in his class, we don't know where the goalie will end up, or how high he will be picked, but it seems very likely that he will be a starter. His agent will be unreachable until Friday the 24th, so to all the VHLM GMs, AGMs, and maybe scouts, know that I'm OK to go anywhere.

782 words

14 hours ago, NSG said:

made a huge counting blunder and declared that the Warriors were going to the finals in his LR before realizing that 2 does not equal 3.

As "The AD Who Can't Spell And Count" I assume this kind of error is just all too relatable to you.😅