Completely coherent MS where I don't just write about random VHL stuff at all.

Shindigs

Not gonna lie, after dropping a 2600 word HOF article yesterday I'm not super stoked at the idea of writing a MS today. So I was going to claim this season's VHLM draft graphics as a GFX only to realize I had actually claimed last season's draft graphics that used the same PSD Template I had made. Just with the season changed, basically. I mean realistically the combined work of making all of them still add up to enough for a GFX. But I'm not sure if it would count as "original" or not. When it's just changed text and different renders. Either way, I scrapped that and am currently doing a @MubbleFubbles special. Which is to say I'm making a MS where I write about making Point Tasks. It's all very meta, I have to admit.

So speaking of Mubbles, at the end of last week. Had my HOF article actually gotten approved on time. The top of the S82 draft class would have looked as follows:
@Steve 779 TPE

@MubbleFubbles778 TPE
Me 776 TPE

It doesn't get much closer than that. Since Steve front loaded with a Full Doubles week, and I'm currently using a 4x5 uncapped package. I believe that means that unless he has an ace up his sleeve. I will finally pass him (by 1 TPE) at the end of the week. It's been hard doing so, as he does max earn every week. Does doubles and donates as well as puts in predictions. So the only ways I actually have to catch him is through Fantasy Zone, VHFL and affiliate checks (oh and the Chicago bonus money, ofc). So keeping that in mind I'm pretty stoked to have closed the 100 TPE gap we had on draft day by the start of my sophomore VHL season.

As for Mubbles, well I will momentarily catch him, but he tends to do slightly better than me at Fantasy Zone and is going to buy a 4x5 of his own later this week most likely. Which means we'll be chugging along with me ahead of him for a short while, but as soon as my 4x5 ends and his still has 2 weeks left. He should pass me again.

I do enjoy that our draft class is this tight at the top. It makes it more fun for me to try and milk ever last point of TPE I can. Because if you end up in a situation like @Spartan where you're 100ish TPE ahead of the guy in 2nd. Then really you're just not being challenged anymore. Which is fine, but nowhere near as fun as having a Top 3 race where only 3 TPE separates them.

Realistically over time our race at the top of the S82 class will obviously lose it's edge. Because the 3 of us are earning at slightly different rates. We just created under very different circumstance, and right now happens to be the time where we all align. Steve obviously recreating at the opportune time with carryover. Mubbles still creating at a good time, but as a faux 1st gen without max carryover and I created after the VHLM draft as a waiver babby and have been playing catch up for 3 seasons. But the funniest thing to me about this S82 draft class is that no matter how much I earn, even if I do end up being 1st in TPE in the class. Which I have every intention of doing. Then I'll still never be the biggest steal of the draft (partially because I requested a trade, but we don't talk about that😅). But rather because that honor already belongs to someone else, and being drafted 9th, it's literally impossible for me to rise more than he already has.

I'm talking about Brian Payne @Scurvy who last I checked was chilling at 9th in TPE for the draft class after having been drafted at a very modest 26th overall. You know when people look back on draft classes and wax poetic about guys who managed rank climbs like that over their WHOLE CAREER? He's done it in 2 seasons. And he is still catching people ahead of him, so he's not done by a long shot. @dlambpretty much pulled off the steal of the draft with that pick (considering what happened to the Underclass pick, that's a godsend). I was actually on the Payne Hype Train even before the draft, when Gus made his mock draft and IIRC also had Payne at around 26th OA. I commented on it saying it was way too late. He was already max earning at the time and is a great guy, so I just couldn't see the logic behind having him that late. We had already managed to steal him in a very deep Dman draft in the VHLE at 20th and I had just barely missed out on him in the JST, which was the first time I had wanted to draft him.

Now 2 seasons later it seems that as long as the train doesn't lose steam. He will go down as the biggest steal of the S82 draft, and considering how good that draft is looking so far. That's no small feat.

Okay I've stream of consciousness babbled about random stuff for longer than I need now. So have a good week everyone! And sorry if you had to read through this disjointed mess of a MS.

Not even in the convo for 1st in the draft class, maybe something like this is what I needed... 😎 

Warsaw is all aboard the Payne train, it's actually crazy how far he's climbed already 🚆

4 minutes ago, dlamb said:

Warsaw is all aboard the Payne train, it's actually crazy how far he's climbed already 🚆

It really is, and being part of the best defensive defenseman discussion in his rookie season too. As far as hits and shot blocks normalized was concerned, he was actually 3rd among the nominees in that regard.