Late S83 Calgary Wrangler Team Awards

Ricer13

Hello everyone, my apologies for how late this write up is. I am going to keep it short and simple this season because of how late I am with it. I think team awards are a ton of fun and I want to make sure they are done every season as long as I am in charge of Calgary. Lets not waste any more time and get right to the awards!

:cal:Top Shelf Award:cal:

This award is pretty self explanatory! When you think of the top shelf, you think of exactly where your mother keeps the cookie jar. Nah, who does that anymore??!!??!!? In this case it is presented to the player scores the most goals throughout the regular season. In season 83, breakout superstar Saku Kotkakoivu @DollarAndADream terrorized goaltenders across the league all season long! He finished the season with 59 goals which was second in the entire league next to Duncan Idaho. It was 17 more goals than the next player in Calgary and his hot stick earned him the Season 82 Top Shelf Award.

:cal:Rybak Trophy:cal:

The Rybak Trophy is given to the point leader during the regular season. This should be a surprise to no one after the season he just had but leading the Wranglers with 122 points was Saku Kotkakoivu. @DollarAndADream He did it all for Calgary last season, you may think he was just a goal scorer after putting up 59 goals last season but he was just as good of a playmaker. On top of his 59 goals he had 63 assists to go along with it. He had the smarts to know when to take the shot or when to make  the unselfish play. Congratulations to Saku Kotkakoivu on winning the S83 Rybak Trophy.

:cal:Last Line Award:cal:

This award is given to the top defensemen during the regular season. The winner of this award didn't have a ton of help last season. He was depended on to do it all for the Wrangler's even though he was only a rookie. There was a running joke all season long about him being the team "pylon" but I promise you that he was anything but a pylon last season. He finished with a respectable 58 pts in 72 games as a rookie in the VHL but his offensive numbers aren't what stood out about this defensemen last season. His play in his own end of the ice caught the attention of the entire league. His defensive work won him the Jake Wylde Trophy as the VHL's best Defensive Defensemen which is unheard of for a rookie to win. I am pleased to award AirRig Goodbrandson @Rhynex Entertainment as the season 83 Last Line Award winner.

:cal:Jubis Memorial Trophy:cal:

The Jubis Memorial Trophy is one of my favorite trophies because it shines a light on members who show the most potential to have long term success in this league. The winner of this award is now a back to back winner. Daniel Janser @Daniel Janser is still quite new to the VHL but has done so much in such a short time. He is having a very successful career so far with his first player and he is already a General Manager of the Mississauga Hounds. Beyond that Janser is just a good human being who has grown to be loved by his peers throughout the VHL. Success and longevity in this league come in many forms and Janser is doing a masterful job in many different ways. Congratulations to Daniel Janser on winning the Jubis Memorial Trophy for his second straight season. 

:cal:The Sheriff's Badge:cal:

Leadership is one of my favorite qualities of a person. To be able to round up a group of people to all want to achieve the same goal is a tough task for anyone. The winner of the Sheriff's Badge has become Wrangler Royalty because of the presence he had in the Calgary locker room. He was dead set on being a Wrangler for the better part of his career and wanted to retire in Red, Black and White.  Over his time with the Wrangler's he built a strong relationship with nearly every player that came through our locker room, leaving his mark on their experience. He will always be a Wrangler and I am happy that he got a chance to finish career in a place he enjoyed being in. Congratulations to Phil "The Rock" Johnson @Phil on being awarded the Season 83 Sheriff's Badge.

:cal:Young Buck Award:cal:

This was such a hard award to hand out this season. Calgary had the fortune of having so many good prospects in the pipeline. A number of them have graduated to the VHL and are off to hot starts while others are marinating for another season or two in the VHLE/VHLM. The winner of the Young Buck Award for season 83 is Bob Chicoine. @PoignardLeclerc11 He had a an unbelievable season in the European League last season. He finished as the top goal scorer with 42 goals, finished top 5 in points, tied for the top of the league in +/- and led the league with 10 game winning goals. An absolutely sensational season with Geneva, I hope to see much more of that at the VHL level very soon.

:cal:Most Valuable Wrangler:cal:

I'd like to say this was a tough decision but it wasn't. Many players had standout seasons for Calgary but one stood above the entire league. This player took home a number of league awards this season including: The Mike Szatkowski Trophy (League Points Leader), the Dustin Funk Trophy (Most Improved Player) and the Scotty Campbell Trophy (League MVP). It was an absolutely sensational season for the young Calgary Forward and it put his name on the map across the league. Saku Kotkakoivu @DollarAndADream put this team on his back last season and carried them into the playoffs when many others counted Calgary out early in the season. He is absolutely deserved of all the recognition he has gotten and I have complete faith that he will only further cement his legacy as these next few seasons go by. Congratulations Saku on become the season 83 Most Valuable Wrangler.

I also want to send a special shoutout to another league award winner. Congratulations to Ben Dahl @Benfor his Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy win as the Season 83 VHL Top Rookie. It was a sensational campaign for him in Season 83 as he was a big part of our success as well.

I will not be handing out awards for the Top Media Spot, Graphic and Podcast this season. They will be back for the season 84 awards. Congratulations to everyone and thanks for taking the time to check these awards out.

word count : 1000 +

Edited by Ricer13