Farewell Cow

fromtheinside

Earlier this week @MexicanCow123 announced he was stepping down as the GM of the New York Americans, and seemingly taking a major step out of the VHL community as a whole. He cited community toxicity as the major reason he's taking his leave. I've known Cow for a couple years now, and he is by far the person I am closest with in the entire community. I feel like I know him on a more personal level than most. While I would argue that Cow doesn't have very "thick skin" sometimes, and I'd also argue that part of him just has lost interest in VHL and he was just looking for a reason to validate leaving. BUT, with that being said, I do think he has a point. There's a ton of toxicity in the community. For me personally, there's a small handful of people I enjoy bantering with, but outside of that, I don't find myself as enticed to mingle with the community as much as I used to when I first got into the league. I am pretty fortunate to have my player on a great team in the VHL with people that are all very enjoyable, so that's a blessing in disguise for me.  But, others aren't as lucky I suppose. 

People clown on Cow, and more specifically the New York American franchise for it's longtime lack of success. While it's true NYA has been subpar for quite sometime, I don't think Cow deserves much of that blame, and I think he did his best to turn it around. Here's hoping Fresco can pick up where Cow left off and get the Americans to a better place. It's weird because despite their record this season, I feel like they were coming along quite well as of late.  Cow I'm not sure exactly to what extent you are stepping back from the community, but just know you were a generally well-liked and important fixture in the community. As you continue to mature, try not letting petty and small things get to you. All the best bud.