Meta Article for a Meta Stat

Aimee

Well this is a first for me. Writing a meta article isn't something I had planned on doing but as someone who just sticks to their player and is a bit quiet, I wanted to toot my horn just a little bit today. I have been in this league a little over a month and I gotta say it's been amazing.

And I'm excited to say that with this article and these minimum 150 words, Jesse Teno will be the first First Gen of the s84 vhlm draft to hit 200 tpe.

By nature, I'm not a highly competitive person outside of my friends and family. So when I started finding out where I was in the stats, how I was doing against others in my position, and how high up I was ranking, it lit a fire in me that I wanted to feed. And here we are. Last week I ranked in the top 5 of top weekly earners and top 10 of top monthly earners.

So I'm just going to say thanks to whoever it was that posted in the Pittsburgh Penguins subreddit about this league and to @Shindigsfor being an amazing mentor and to everyone for being so welcoming and making this feel like a load of fun every day.

215 words for week ending July 31st

Edited by aimkin
formatting fix

Been a pleasure helping you find your way in the league, and you've taken to it a lot faster than most. Still bummed I missed out on drafting you by 3 picks.😅 But I have had a great time talking in DMs and helping you along despite that. Whichever team gets their hands on Jesse Teno in the upcoming VHL draft will have one hell of a prospect on their hands, on and off the ice.🍻

4 minutes ago, Gustav said:

Wait, is Reddit recruitment back up again? First I've heard of that.

It was posted I want to say probably the first week in June and it was from the VHL account.

1 minute ago, aimkin said:

It was posted I want to say probably the first week in June and it was from the VHL account.

Well, that's great then. Reddit used to be our best source of recruiting and we once got more or less blacklisted from posting (long story). Every time I asked I heard that that was still the case--good to see it isn't anymore.

• Commissioner
13 hours ago, Gustav said:

Well, that's great then. Reddit used to be our best source of recruiting and we once got more or less blacklisted from posting (long story). Every time I asked I heard that that was still the case--good to see it isn't anymore.

It’s been kept more on the down low to avoid the issues that came up in the first place. It’s been far more quiet than it was, sadly, but I expect the numbers we used to get from it aren’t really possible anymore given what happened.

Still, it’s up a bit.