An Aussie Takes on California

kirbithan

jIY9Pz5BOA36eOM9HRahqVnQi00MQNXMRb6U3rR1LwV5PKlC19-laLekxhjVGzYwrCodAf_sSNJvJ6lRUWkSOWh00cemShiw4QIdvXAxBMvi8Y6FjlRVBeksmBqjGTPDrv7K2M3Pm0D6U3ZlI0AmZcw

Lachlan Summers addressing media questions

The San Diego Marlins had been looking to expand their roster to close out a hard-fought, competitive regular season. One of the new additions is Australian goaltender Lachlan Summers, who was put on the international hockey prospect map for his showy goaltender play in the AIHL, as well as time spent representing his home country at the World Championships.

Sources had recently caught up with Summers and sat down with him for a short interview after today's practice, regarding how he has acclimated to life across the globe and his journey so far.

“San Diego’s a great city. The team welcomed me with open arms and that’s all I could’ve asked for, really,” Summers said as he addressed the media. “I’m looking forward to getting a couple more starts and making a lasting impression in the VHLM. Never played outside of Australia before, and this is not an opportunity I’m going to take for granted.”

Summers grew up in a country where there were only 21 rinks in its entirety, making his dedication to the sport that much more impressive. There were long trips to and from practice, a struggle to acquire the proper gear when he was first starting out as a five-year-old, and other forms of adversity that Summers quotes as his catalyst to keep his head up.

“I love this sport, and there’s nothing that’s going to keep me from showing that any Aussie can lace up the skates and play.” Summers describes one of his long-term goals is to be an ambassador for ice hockey in Australia and continue to grow the game.

28 minutes ago, kirbithan said:

jIY9Pz5BOA36eOM9HRahqVnQi00MQNXMRb6U3rR1LwV5PKlC19-laLekxhjVGzYwrCodAf_sSNJvJ6lRUWkSOWh00cemShiw4QIdvXAxBMvi8Y6FjlRVBeksmBqjGTPDrv7K2M3Pm0D6U3ZlI0AmZcw

Lachlan Summers addressing media questions

The San Diego Marlins had been looking to expand their roster to close out a hard-fought, competitive regular season. One of the new additions is Australian goaltender Lachlan Summers, who was put on the international hockey prospect map for his showy goaltender play in the AIHL, as well as time spent representing his home country at the World Championships.

Sources had recently caught up with Summers and sat down with him for a short interview after today's practice, regarding how he has acclimated to life across the globe and his journey so far.

“San Diego’s a great city. The team welcomed me with open arms and that’s all I could’ve asked for, really,” Summers said as he addressed the media. “I’m looking forward to getting a couple more starts and making a lasting impression in the VHLM. Never played outside of Australia before, and this is not an opportunity I’m going to take for granted.”

Summers grew up in a country where there were only 21 rinks in its entirety, making his dedication to the sport that much more impressive. There were long trips to and from practice, a struggle to acquire the proper gear when he was first starting out as a five-year-old, and other forms of adversity that Summers quotes as his catalyst to keep his head up.

“I love this sport, and there’s nothing that’s going to keep me from showing that any Aussie can lace up the skates and play.” Summers describes one of his long-term goals is to be an ambassador for ice hockey in Australia and continue to grow the game.

Can Summers sneak San Diego into the playoffs? 👀