Is Chet Foreals The Best Player In The VHL Portal?

MubbleFubbles

Previously on our quest to find the best player in the portal, we ranked

Matthew Kai, Elfon Ashelf and Ian Smith

Jack Todaro and Haydyn

And our current standings as of the start of the article are as follows:

1: Matthew Kai

2: Elfon Ashelf

3: Jack Todaro

4: Ian Smith

5: Haydyn

Today the randomizer starts me off with Chet Foreals and talk about a player making a hell of an impact in their first 24 hours on the site. Chet joined the league about a week before Season 66 began, so only missed the VHLM Draft by a few days. Nonetheless, they seemed very eager to get right into it, signing with the then-new San Diego Marlins just 15 minutes after they'd offered a contract! Not only that, Chet submitted for welfare and practice facility and added all of their 30 creation TPE to their player, what a promising new player! And then they retired 17 hours after they created, clearly going for the VHL speedrun any % WR. In terms of longevity, Foreals easily ranks as the sixth best player in the VHL Portal, but the key word is "Best", and Chet did do welfare and practice facility, which has to put them ahead of Ian Smith and Haydyn. It then depends if I want to put the short tenure of Foreals ahead of Jack Todaro who only did practice facility, and I think I'll go with the Welfare earner, therefore Chet Foreals is the third best player in the VHL Portal.

Finally for today, the randomizer gives me a player who *gasp* is on the site and active! Maybe barry bigman is the best player in the VHL Portal? Well they could well be the biggest underdog in the VHL Portal, being a rare case of a player going from being undrafted (not skipping it, actually not getting selected) in the S82 VHLM Draft, but going on to be selected in the S83 VHLE and VHL Drafts. Signing with the Halifax 21st a few games into Season 82, bigman stuck around for the entire season as a depth piece and played a part on a playoff team that originally wasn't expected to get anywhere near playoffs. The 21st resigned bigman for Season 83 and was one of the teams biggest point scorers in a season where they unfortunately came one game short of a Founders Cup Final appearance. Interestingly all three of bigman's goals in the S83 playoffs were game winners, so they definitely possess the clutch gene! Currently sitting on 235 TPE, bigman currently plays as a depth forward for the VHLE's Cologne Express as they hope to cling on over the last few games of the season to their fourth place standing that will get them into the VHLE Playoffs. Given their earning, it's clear bigman deserves to be considered at least the second best player in the VHL Portal, but Matthew Kai's VHL experience means that they also can't be considered the best player in the VHL Portal, therefore barry bigman is the second best player in the VHL Portal, which moves the previously ranked Foreals down to fourth best.

Leaderboard: (Bold=New Entry)

1: Matthew Kai

2: barry bigman

3: Elfon Ashelf

4: Chet Foreals

5: Jack Todaro

6: Ian Smith

7. Haydyn

Edited by MubbleFubbles