I want to yell the m-word

jRuutu

META

:sea: Seattle roster. 5 out of 6 forwards with a clear emphasis on scoring, passing in the 60s. 2 out of 4 defenders with a clear emphasis on scoring, passing in the 60s. Two other D's are too low in TPA to tell where they might be going with their builds.

:dcd:D.C roster. 5 out of 6 forwards with a clear emphasis on scoring, passing in the 60s. In all fairness, you can say two of the forwards are too low in TPA at the moment, focusing on scoring, but really low defense. 1 out of 4 defenders with a clear emphasis on scoring. One D is too low in TPE to tell where they might be going with their build. One D with relatively high passing. One D with clearly a passing first build.

:war:Warsaw roster. 5 out of 6 forwards with a clear emphasis on scoring, passing in the 60/50s. 3 out of 3 defenders with a clear emphasis on scoring, passing in the 60s.

:mos:Moscow roster. 5 out of 6 forwards with a clear emphasis on scoring, passing in the 60s. 3 out of 4 defenders with a clear emphasis on scoring, passing in the 60s. One D is too low in TPA to tell where they might be going with their build.

The Calgary roster looks the same. I know. I just checked it. I am sure other teams around the league look or are starting to look more or less the same. Congratulations. VHL is boring again.

I can not do it. I can not pretend I am excited to watch exact copies of teams and players compete against each other. This is not fun or interesting. If you for some unknown reason happened to read this far and you happen to consider LR and the community to be the most important part of VHL - this is your fault. You did this. You did not put enough pressure on the league leaders during the last meta times. You did not put enough pressure on the users following the meta ways last time, aaaand surprise surprise, here we are again, at the same place.  Oh but I forgot, you are also the ones who builds the meta builds. You are the one dancing around raving about the community and at the same time building the cheapest and most boring build of all time.

"But it will be different this time, not one team is going to win all the time this time, it will be a different team".

Is it?

The teams look pretty similar to me. Does it matter who wins if the rosters and players are 90% the same?

"Oh look, John-John, the blue team won. Let's hope the green team wins next time".
"No way, Tim-Tim, I want the red team to win."

- VHL 2022