Finals

dlamb

r706601_1296x729_16-9.jpg

Zack Kisslinger II celebrates after scoring the OT winner in Game 7 vs. Moscow

After a thrilling Game 7 in the European Conference Finals, Warsaw is headed to the Continental Cup Finals. It will be my first time as Warsaw's General Manager, but 3rd time as a Warsaw player (S76 vs. CHI, S78 vs. SEA). At one point in the series the polish powerhouse held a 3-1 series lead, but played out the dramatics where they finally ended Moscow's 4-season finals streak in overtime, in Moscow, with Zack Kisslinger II scoring the all-important series ender G-W-G.

The team that seems to never go away, the Seattle Bears, are the NA Champions. A team that the Predators beat in Season 78 for their first and only Continental Cup. Both rosters are completely different, with not a single player from that series still on either of these final two teams. Nonetheless, the Predators hope to repeat what was done in S78, and take down the Bears. It will not be an easy task against the reigning VHL champions, of course, and not to mention that North American teams have lifted the Continental Cup in 4 straight seasons. Warsaw would love to see come to an end here in Season 84.

The two teams played against each other 4 times in the regular season, with Warsaw holding a 3-1-0 advantage in those games. Will that translate to these finals? Well, probably not, as the playoffs are a whole new beast, but the Preds are pumped and ready to get into Games 1 and 2 tomorrow evening in Seattle. Our squad has been contributing by committee, with every single player on the roster coming up huge with a goal, assist, save, or even fight, exactly when it is needed. I'm not going to tag the whole squad, but I'm proud of each and every one of you. Except dil.

RUSZAJMY WARSZAWA! :war:

305 Words