S84 Reaper Awards!

Masu Chan

Good Evening VHLers! Welcome to the S84 Reaper Awards, hosted by yours truly. Tonight we will honor five current members of the Philadelphia Reapers Roster and celebrate our accomplishments as a team this season. 
    I’d like to start out by personally thanking every player that wore the Reaper Jersey this season, it was a privilege to GM for you and I wish you luck wherever you end up next season!
    This is the fourth Reaper Award show I have personally hosted, though the show dates back to S78 starting with then GM @KaleebtheMighty so I’d like to thank them for starting this tradition and creating the banner you’ll see here tonight. Now join me as we now begin the Seventh Reaper Awards!

unknown.png

Ladies and Gentlemen! We begin this show by awarding The Reserve Reaper Award, this is often the first award handed out during the ceremony but it doesn’t make it any less important than the others.
    This award is given to the player who performed best despite a limited role, they may have not had the most ice time this season but they were a clutch player who proved that they can perform no matter how long they spend on the ice.
    It was difficult to award this to just one player this season as our roster was stacked this season and everyone had their moments to shine despite what line they were one but… The candidates for this award are...

Turkeybig
Alex Bridges III
Alfred Champagne

…And Now, The Winner of the S84 Reserve Reaper Award… Alex Bridges III

There were times that Alex was placed on the third line this season, despite that they finished with the second highest point total on the team and had the best plus-minus. Alex has proven to me that not only did he deserve more ice time but that they’ll be a top point producer for many seasons to come.

Congratulations Alex and thank you for all your hard work this season!

unknown.png

The next award is the Risible Reaper award. It’s often awarded to the player who is seen as a Leader in the locker room, whether it’s cheering up their team with funny jokes, encouraging their teammates, or just sparking conversations. 
They brought an important aspect to the team and we were lucky to have them on our team this season it wouldn’t surprise me if they wore a letter on their jersey for many seasons after this.
Like the previous award, this one was difficult to find just one player to give this award to as our locker room was pretty active and had a bunch of interesting personalities, the Candidates for this award are…

Tom Creeg
Jon Webber jr
Evan Bihler

The Winner of the S84 Risible Reaper award is… Evan Bihler
Evan was the backbone of this team and when I was looking back on the conversations in the locker room they were active and always encouraging to their fellow teammates. Seeing how Evan will likely return to the Reapers for another season I believe they will play a big role in the team's success.

Thank you for all your work this season Evan, hopefully, you get 40 Wins next season!

unknown.png

Now the moment I have personally been waiting for, we have one of my favorite awards to give out… The Rough Reaper Award! This award is pretty obvious what it is for, it is given to the Reaper who was willing to sacrifice the body every night, blocking shots and laying the body and just being a presence on the ice each game. The Candidates for this award are…

TurkeyBig
John Poremba Jr
Gavin Rozzdale

The winner of the S84 Rough Reaper award is… John Poremba jr
John showed incredible heart this season, having blocked 88 shots for us I am sure the Goalies loved it when they shared the ice with John. 

Thank you for your play this season John! Good luck next season, can’t wait to see you in the big leagues!

unknown.png

Our second to last award tonight is the Resilient Reaper award! This award is given out to the player that was often placed in high-pressure situations and would play hard in key moments. They would always play their hardest and would always make the smart plays to secure a victory for the team. The Candidates for this award are…

John Poremba jr
Gavin Rozzdale
Tom Creeg

The Winner of the S84 Resilient Reaper award is… Gavin Rozzdale!
Gavin was a key member of the roster this season, they played as a center on our top lines for nearly the whole season and was tied for second in scoring on our team. They had a great plus-minus, blocked many shots, and led the team in assists. 

We were lucky to have you on our roster this season Gavin! Thank you!

unknown.png

Now for the Final award, this award is awarded last each season as it is the most prestigious award we have to offer it is given to the Reaper’s MVP, The Reaper who thrives in all scenarios and brought their A-game each and every game. We had many great players this season but this award can only go to one player… The Candidates for this Award are… 

Gavin Rozzdale
Alex Bridges III
Jon Webber Jr

Without A doubt the winner of this award is… Jon Webber Jr
Jon may be the only player to win this award in back-to-back seasons, he is the Captain of the Reapers for a reason and I have no doubt they’ll be successful in the big leagues cause not only was he a top point scorer in the league but they were active in the locker room their entire time they were a member of the roster. 

It was an honor to have you on the team, Jon, I have no doubt you’ll be in the Reapers Hall Of Fame soon! There was no one more deserving to be Captain this season, thank you for leading the Reapers, and good luck!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Closing Words

This was an amazing season, It was difficult to think of who to nominate for each award as I didn’t want to leave anyone out. Our team was stacked and I am sorry If I left anyone out on an award they think they should’ve contended for but in the end, I think I made the right choices based on the qualifications for each award… 
    As many of you may know this is my final season as GM for the Reapers, I don’t know how long I will be gone but one day I will Return to the Reapers and hopefully I return with some knowledge that can bring this team to the glory land, for now, I wish to give someone else a shot at running the team and hopefully bring a new outlook on the team.
    With that, the S84 Reaper awards have come to an end. Good luck Reapers and Thank you once again for a great season and a fun experience… Remember, once a Reaper, always a Reaper!

Your GM, Mason Jones aka Masu Chan

1178 Words
August 19th, 2022

Claiming For Week of:
August 14-21 & August 22-29