Town of Pallet #2

Ptyrell

17 minutes ago, omgitshim said:

You swim with the fishes and find

Pokemon Level

Horsea 27

Pumpkaboo 26

Cutiefly 23

Catch everything, start with cutiefly and then move onto pumpkaboo.

give EXP share to Wooloo

and take out any stragglers with Fraxure

8 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

Action 6.5: Challenge Gym Leader Claire

Jessie is ecstatic. She's got her groove back. "Buh bye Psychic boy! I WILL NOT be seeing you later, muwahaha!" She hops on the balloon and leaves the nerdy boy to his shame.

She beelines it straight to Blackthorn City, toward and through the roof of the gymnasium. Bursting through, she points at the dragon "master," Claire.

"I am the most powerful being in all the universe," Jessie says. "Surrender now or prepare to fight!" She hops on Charizard's back for an even grander entrance, and they begin.

EXP Share on Blastoise

- Lead with Magnezone

- Charizard enters after

- Weavile finishes

Magnezone will use Flash Cannon on Dragonair, Zap Cannon on Kingdra

Charizard will use Dragon Claw on all

Weavile will use Ice Beam on all

tumblr_pm129z982e1sgge6vo1_400.gif

"Do you really underestimate the power of Dragons?"

WellwornPowerlessDodobird-max-1mb.gif

Magnezone gives no f's and Flash Cannons on Dragonair's face. It gets off one Aqua Tail, and got some extra damage in from its Rowap Berry, but a 2nd Flash Cannon takes care of business. Claire responds with Kingdra.

tumblr_n10ui8TlnI1sm17bvo1_500.gif

Kingdra spins before unleashing Hydro Pump. Magnezone staggers, but responds with Zap Cannon. It does a good bit of damage, but a 2nd Hydro Pump ends this round, and a Sitrus Berry heals Kingdra back up to near 200 HP. Jessie's unamused.

tumblr_nztzwg1OBS1tlps0io1_500.gif

Charizard flies in and slashes away with Dragon Claw. Thanks to the previous berry, Kingdra survives the hit and gets off a Hydro Pump. Charizard is nearly taken down, but hangs on to finish Kingdra off with another Dragon Claw. Claire let's out a cheeky smile and brings in Garchomp.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76114a9225059791b89291

Dragon Rush makes short work of Charizard. It's all down to Weavile now!

6abd06aed304c159d6e43d6a30bf2236.gif

No one's really sure when Jessie had time for a wardrobe change, but it's all a distraction. Weavile unleashes a brutal Ice Beam! It does well over 300 damage and Garchomp is frozen solid! This battle is ov-

Spoiler

Wait! Garchomp breaks out of the ice. Its Focus Sash let it withstand the blow! Here comes Dragon Rush!

Spoiler

Weavile survives without much effort, a 2nd Ice Beam comes out, and there's no saving Garchomp this time. Jessie wins the battle and the Rising Badge!

Magnezone gains 1 level.

Charizard gains 1 level.

Weavile gains 1 level.

Blastoise gains 4.5 levels.

7 hours ago, Gustav said:

A4: Challenge Sabrina

Quick Claw on Poliwrath; Focus Band on Flareon only--not Gardevoir.

Lead with Poliwrath and Hydro Pump.

Follow with Gardevoir/Moonblast.

Finish with Flareon/Fire Blast.

19410_normal.jpg?1521496491

Burglar tries to steal the Marsh Badge, but Sabrina senses his presence and sends Jynx to stop him. Burglar uses Poliwrath and gets first strike thanks to the Quick Claw! Hydro Pump does some good damage to Jynx, though Poliwrath suffers some backlash due to the Rowap Berry. Jynx unleashes a Psychic that hurts, but Poliwrath barely hangs on. A 2nd Hydro Pump finishes the job. Sabrina says nothing and suddenly Espeon appears.

espeon-pokemon.gif

A single Psychic sends Poliwrath to the shadow realm. Burglar is very confused on the strange cross reference that happens and decides to use his own Espeon! But then he remembered it was still in Eevee form and uses Gardevoir instead.

159.gif

Gardevoir fires off a Moonblast, and Espeon takes a hard hit. Espeon... does nothing? Whatever, Gardevoir shrugs and fires off another Moonblast. Espeon goes down!

Spoiler

But wait, it's got a Focus Band!

Spoiler

It stays down though. Sabrina is on her last pokemon now.

pokemon-spoon.gif

It hits Gardevoir with a Psychic, which it resists but still takes a good bit of damage. Gardevoir continues to Moonblast, which knocks Alakazam under half health! It heals a bit with an Oran Berry before using another Psychic. Gardevoir manages to hang on! 

Spoiler

But wait, what's that? Espeon's Future Sight comes in and blindsides Gardevoir! It's down! Burglar is onto his last pokemon now!

Spoiler

daiz63f-0f5fa5d0-2271-44a5-85ba-c2353224

Flareon is annoyed that someone woke it up and it Fire Blasts Alakazam into the next dimension.

Burglar wins the Marsh Badge!

Poliwrath gains 3 levels.

Gardevoir gains 3 levels.

Flareon gains 2 levels.

5 hours ago, Ptyrell said:

It took me quite a while to figure this out...

A4: work

Buy mini TM Giga Drain for Venusaur

You compose a new musical track for Town of Pallet and earn $885

5 hours ago, Ptyrell said:

A5: Lance

Venusaur starts, holding Leftovers. Then uses the following moves in order

Gyarados comes second and uses Dragon Breath once, then Hyper Beam against Haxorus

Aegislash-Sword third uses Retaliate 2, then Head Smash against Dragonite

93ek.gif

"You think you can out meta game me? I live in the metaverse! I will end you!" Lance is passionate about his craft and sends Garchomp to handle things. James cares not what he says and leads with Venusaur.

9GLP.gif

mega-garchomp-pokemon-mega-garchomp.gif

Venusaur digs in with a Leech Seed while munching on some Leftovers. Garchomp counters with a Dragon Rush and heal with its Shell Bell. Venusaur then goes into a loop of Giga Drains and Synthesis for awhile.

maxresdefault.jpg

Garchomp falls! Lance sends out Haxorus.

haxorus-pokemon.gif

It begins an Outrage! Venusaur is hurting from the first hit and unleashes a vicious Frenzy Plant. The damage is reduced by Haxorus' Enigma Berry and the 2nd half of Outrage knocks Venusaur out!

527b8910289828442cb460bbe969f54d.gif

All according to plan, James thinks. Here comes Gyarados! Dragon Breath does a number on Haxorus, but it begins another Outrage! Gyarados is hurting, so it unleashes HYPER BEAM! Haxorus goes down! Lance brings in Dragonite!

giphy.gif?cid=790b761136794924b067f9952d

It finishes off Gyarados with ease using Hurricane. James is down to his final pokemon as well now.

d7mpwwg-0f43d8c6-7f87-4f43-8848-1a100d70

Aegislash Retaliates against the Dragonite, knocking it under half HP. Dragonite begins an Outrage, and Aegislash barely survives. It uses a last ditch Head Smash! And...

Spoiler

Dragonite is down! However...

Spoiler

Aegislash is also down! But wait...

Spoiler

Dragonite begins to stir. Is that a Focus Band I see?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

No! It's a Focus Sash! Dragonite stays down.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76111fcd5705e8880e7cfc

James says, "Bye bye bye" as he defeats the final member of the Elite 4! With a Day to spare to boot!

Venusaur gains 2 levels.

Gyarados gains 3 levels.

Aegislash gains 4 levels.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Catch everything, start with cutiefly and then move onto pumpkaboo.

give EXP share to Wooloo

and take out any stragglers with Fraxure

You start by throwing Pokeballs at Cutiefly. It's small and tough to hit, but you manage on your 3rd throw!

Pumpkaboo proves to be more elusive, but eventually you snag it, using 5 balls in the process.

You throw your final ball at Horsea. Surprisingly, you catch it in one go!

For my last action of the day, I'm going to do something I've been building up to all game...

...it's time to lay a beatdown on Blaine.

-Quick Claw on Gardevoir. It would normally get the first move anyway but this negates Arcanine's ability to get the first move with Extreme Speed.

-Focus Band on Poliwrath.

-Oran Berry on Flareon.

1. Gardevoir/Psychic

2. Poliwrath/Hydro Pump

3. Flareon/Fire Blast

If I win, I get my last role-specific VP!

19 minutes ago, Spartan said:

Purchase HM Surf and toss it on Gyrados

6.1 Work

Buy as many pokeballs as possible

6.2 Explore Cerulean City

You earn $896 at work, and proceed to blow all your money on an HM and 12 Pokeballs. 

In Cerulean Cave, you find:

Growlithe lv 27

Elekid lv 25

Pichu lv 28

11 minutes ago, Gustav said:

You earn $896 at work, and proceed to blow all your money on an HM and 12 Pokeballs. 

In Cerulean Cave, you find:

Growlithe lv 27

Elekid lv 25

Pichu lv 28

Pokeballs on Elekid until success

EXP share on Abra

Dratini aqua tail on Growlithe

Remove EXP share from Abra, put on Ekans

Magnemite quick attack on Pichu

19 minutes ago, Spartan said:

Pokeballs on Elekid until success

EXP share on Abra

Dratini aqua tail on Growlithe

Remove EXP share from Abra, put on Ekans

Magnemite quick attack on Pichu

You catch Elekid on the third try.

Magnemite knocks out Pichu--both Magnemite and Ekans gain 1.5 levels (and Ekans evolves into Arbok!).

Dratini doesn't know Aqua Tail--its evolutions do but it does not. How would you like to handle the second battle?

Edited by Gustav

9 minutes ago, Gustav said:

You catch Elekid on the third try.

Magnemite knocks out Pichu--both Magnemite and Ekans gain 1.5 levels (and Ekans evolves into Arbok!).

Dratini doesn't know Aqua Tail--its evolutions do but it does not. How would you like to handle the second battle?

Whoops, meant Water Pulse!

EXP share on Abra now please

1 hour ago, Spartan said:

Whoops, meant Water Pulse!

EXP share on Abra now please

A single Bite attack would have helped Growlithe win. However it continuously spams the ineffective Ember and Dratini wins!

You cannot switch who is holding what item in the middle of a battle.

So Dratini and Arbok gain 2 levels each 

You gain $247

Edited by Ptyrell

Actual Action 6.5: Challenge Elite Four Koga 

Dunking on Claire and feeling self-righteous, Jessie departs back the Elite Four. Flying over Will, she crashes into the next room to face Koga.

- Magnezone will equip the Quick Claw, and then lead. It will use Zap Cannon on Weezing, and Flash Cannon on Venusaur.

- Charizard will go second when Zoney M falls. It will use Fire Blast on Venusaur, and Blast Burn on Gengar.

- Weavile will close. It can use Dark Pulse on Gengar.

15 minutes ago, Ptyrell said:

Smoochum 23
Elekid 27
Pichu 28

Pokeballs on Smoochum

EXP Share on Abra

Mimikyu use Play Rough on Elekid

Once it gets KO'd, Machop use Knock Off on Elekid

Pichu use Thunder Shock on Pichu

Once it gets KO'd Machop use Knock Off on Pichu

2 hours ago, Spartan said:

Pokeballs on Smoochum

EXP Share on Abra

Mimikyu use Play Rough on Elekid

Once it gets KO'd, Machop use Knock Off on Elekid

Pichu use Thunder Shock on Pichu

Once it gets KO'd Machop use Knock Off on Pichu

Smoochum 23
Elekid 27
Pichu 28

Smoochum is somewhat difficult to catch, and it takes you 8 throws to catch it.

Abra and Machop get 3 levels each and evolve into Kadabra and Machoke respectively!

You earn $240

22 hours ago, Gustav said:

For my last action of the day, I'm going to do something I've been building up to all game...

...it's time to lay a beatdown on Blaine.

-Quick Claw on Gardevoir. It would normally get the first move anyway but this negates Arcanine's ability to get the first move with Extreme Speed.

-Focus Band on Poliwrath.

-Oran Berry on Flareon.

1. Gardevoir/Psychic

2. Poliwrath/Hydro Pump

3. Flareon/Fire Blast

Blaine,_disguised.jpg

"Blaine? I know not of that name. But I will challenge you young whippersnapper in his stead!"

Burglar has reservations about this, but the fire in his heart refuses to let him back down.

gardevoir-rainbow.gif

be90c2f5187281a0f7179c40c0211619.gif

Gardevoir flashes off its Quick Claw and gets a Psychic off before Arcanine can even react. Arcanine responds with a mighty Flamethrower. Gardevoir doesn't like the heat but unleashes another Psychic. Arcanine goes down.

Or does it? 

Arcanine gets up thanks to its Focus Band!

No, actually Blaine was just trying to prop it back up, it falls back to the ground.

pokemon-ep-59-screen6.png?w=700

"I need to get a refund on that Focus Band, worst purchase I've ever made." The mysterious man who no longer has a mustache sends out his next pokemon, Rapidash.

rapidash-pokemon.gif

Rapidash rushes in and stabs Gardevoir with a Poison Jab, knocking it out. Burglar grows ever more suspicious of this mystery man but sends out Poliwrath.

pokemon-poliwrath.gif

Poliwrath comes out blasting with Hydro Pump. Rapidash winces, but comes back with a Poison Jab after taking a bite of its Leftovers. Another Hydro Pump takes down Rapidash.

cfaBy4.gif

"You've got quite some spunk! But now it's time to end this!" Blaine finally reveals his true identity and sends out his Charizard.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115e47f56a98556328fb

Charizard takes out Poliwrath with ease thanks to an Air Slash. Burglar stares at Poliwrath with intensity in his eyes. Poliwrath feels the intensity and decides that it's not its time. Focus Band in hand, Poliwrath pops back up and shoots a Hydro Pump at Charizard. Charizard and Blaine are both very upset. Air Slash takes Poliwrath down for good. Burglar comes in with his final pokemon.

flareon-fire-spin.gif

Flareon unleashes a mighty Fire Blast. It's not very effective against Charizard, but it was weakened enough already that it goes down. Blaine is upset but admits defeat.

22 hours ago, Gustav said:

If I win, I get my last role-specific VP!

Burglar receives a Volcano badge.

Gardevoir gains 2 levels.

Poliwrath gains 4 levels.

Flareon gains 3 levels.