VHL/VHLE Affiliate Program

der meister

@SlapshotBearasked in the answer 3, ask 3 press conference thread "if the VHL had VHLE affiliates, what current teams would you have affiliate with each other?" Frankly, there was no way I was going to answer that question in the context of a press conference, so here I am attempting to answer it in this instead. The tricky thing is that the E in VHLE stands for Europe, and half of the VHL teams are in North America. Additionally, there are twice as many VHL teams, so each VHLE team will end up with two affiliates.

Oslo: Los Angeles Stars, because of sky theme, and Malmo Nighthawks for the same reason

Bratislava: Calgary Wranglers, because they need to be watching their cows or whatever, and Moscow Menace, because Russia is always watching

Vasteras: New York Americans, because eagle connection, and Riga Reign because it makes sense in my head with the eagle theme 

Cologne: Honestly this one is hard, so I'm going with London United because train lines? and Chicago Phoenix because I'm pretty sure Chicago is a major Amtrak hub city.

Stockholm: Seattle Bears because vikings were hairy blokes, and Helsinki Titans because vikings -> Norse gods -> Titans makes too much sense.

Rome: Toronto Legion, because of the Roman legions, and Prague Phantoms, because Holy Ghost

Geneva: DC Dragons because of the rush of both wings and fire, and HC Davos Dynamo because it's not a thing and wtf guys 

Istanbul: Vancouver Wolves because duh, and Warsaw Predators because duh.

2 hours ago, der meister said:

Geneva: DC Dragons because of the rush of both wings and fire, and HC Davos Dynamo because it's not a thing and wtf guys 

Yeah let's ignore the fact that Geneva and Davos are both in Sweden Switzerland, duh ;)