Why the theme week topic is not announced during the weekend?

jRuutu

Feeling at peace after coming home from church? Feeling tired after mowing the lawn? What would be a better way to relax and spend a Sunday afternoon/evening than thinking about the theme week point task? I don't know about you, but most of my media spots usually involve extensive work before I write a single word. I think about the topic and possible angles that could be fun or interesting. That type of work takes time and the right environment. If I am feeling busy or stressed, the ideas might not flow as naturally. Therefore, one of the better times to do planning work is on a Sunday evening leading up to the week. I am at peace as I have heard the good word, I smell the freshly cut grass, I am relaxed.

I am sure Sunday is not the best day for everybody, but I am willing to bet that most people would not mind having the opportunity to start working on the theme week point task a day or two earlier than now. I think that would increase the quality of the theme week submissions, and more users would do the theme week point task. Win-win for everybody involved.

Theme Week is the only week I don't get to submit on Sunday and get my TPE Monday before sims, so either I take a normal 6 and push the Theme Week back a week (and fall 6 TPE behind everyone for the week) or I wait on a Theme Week announcement, pump it out and then hope my TPE gets approved before the sims. If you can submit for next week already anyways what does it matter to wait until Monday to announce it?

I think it is good to have it announced before pt's for that week can be submitted, that way you can make sure you do not already claim a pt (and create a clustercuck of claiming your regular pt ,  theme pt for the uncapped part, and then have to claim the capped part the week after).