You Make Me Feel Like It's Halloween - Muse

Spartan

Halloween's coming up, and I came up with the perfect costume. Halloween's all about pretending to be something you're not (it's not actually, but work with me here) so I've decided to go as a VHL Continental Cup Winner. Guess I got the trick and not the treat in S85, but such is life. We mope and move on. Fair few number of topics to discuss that will be covered in my next podcast (tomorrow?) but I'll drop an overview of them here:

- Moscow is sad to see @STZ step back as AGM after 5 seasons in that role. He was a great help with decision making for roster moves and trades, and his expertise will be missed.

- In a corresponding move, @Brandon is stepping up into the AGM role after showing some interest in a league management position for a while now. He's already been helping behind the scenes for a couple seasons now, so it made perfect sense that he just slid into the role. Very excited to be working with him!

- Moscow's in a fairly interesting position right now, with a pretty strong forward core with just 1 hole, and a defensive group that is missing its centerpiece for the first time since S78 without either Hard Markinson or Aurelian Moreau. Hoodie man seems to be the guy who needs to take the biggest step forward into becoming the team's #1 defenseman, but Moscow still has cap space to acquire another defenseman that could keep Moscow in the thick of the playoff race as always.

- I have not yet done any draft scouting, so that's fun!

- Nico is re-signing with Vancouver after a pretty solid plan for this next season was presented to me. There was a perfect slot in the roster for me, and it just didn't make sense to test FA despite that being the intention going into the season. VAN wasn't sure if they'd have the cap space back in the S85 offseason, so I wasn't expecting to be back. But the cap moves worked out and here we are, running it back.

- Secret changes in the M 👀 

Edited by Spartan