Jacob Presents - Official S86 VHL Mock Draft

jacobcarson877

I wrote this so fast so I could beat the VSN Mock Draft while hopefully waiting long enough that there are no more pick trades before the draft. This is obviously silly and goofy and I have no insider information so do not take this seriously at all.

1st (RIG) – Daryl Dixon

Honestly there’s only like 1 reason to not pick The Frenchman or Yaroslav Bogatyrev here, and I hope that they see what I see, and want to get in on it. Obviously Ricer is a lock for a top player so this is still a very safe bet, regardless of the other 2 players. Riga needs talent in any form right now and here it is.

2nd (SEA) – The Frenchman

Seattle once again looks fine, by simply signing every free agent. They don’t have prospects really and have empty roster spaces up front. Why not grab the top player in the draft and chuck them into an already okay lineup? The Frenchman will terrorize NA and Seattle will once again make us all look silly.

3rd (HSK) – Fuukka Rask

Helsinki seems to be the only team with a definitive need for a goaltender in a very goaltender heavy class. Could they look elsewhere at this pick and get away with it? Probably. Is it best to sometimes just get in and take what you need and not overthink everyone else’s stuff? Also yes.

4th (RIG) – Rick Grimes

I know I know. I just want to see it happen. Grimes and Dixon should play together and if Riga doesn’t do it, Seattle should, as much as it would break my heart. Seriously though, not an outrageous pick, but definitely leaving some TPE on the table for the bit. But I would love to se them commit.

5th (LDN) – Yaroslav Bogatyrev

I truly have no idea what is going on here. I look at their roster and see a lot of term on most of their roster. I suppose one could be preparing early for the retirement of Reinhart and Nalwa, so perhaps a defenseman is the move here, but I can’t see why you couldn’t get a replacement with the 10th overall. So I assume they are just here to get some major value. Bogatyrev could walk in today and with a quick cap dump to a team with no forwards, London projects to be slightly better by the playoffs and much better down the stretch.

6th (SEA) – Wann Kerr

Seattle have no C prospects at the moment, and while Blake MacTavish has some faceoffs, that isn’t a long term option for them. Kerr is a dominant first gen, and could be the next top center for this squad.

7th (SEA) – Sadie St-Louis

I didn’t actually see Seattle had 3 picks in a row until I got to this pick, and wow Seattle has done their rebuild right. St-Louis is already a star in the making and could have the wide-open opportunity to make in impact in the VHL immediately, once she gets there.

8th (SEA) – John Richards

Exactly the same as above, just switch a few pronouns and player names. Seattle could lock in 2 top centers and 2 top wingers before we even hit 10th overall.

9th (HSK) – Left Alone

Helsinki grabbed a goalie early on, and now has the opportunity to grab an auto-12 forward. Not bad. Maybe you look at this and say they could’ve grabbed a higher TPE forward earlier if they don’t think anyone else is really picking a goaltender this early, and to that I say, you’re smart. But Left Alone would make a great pick here if you’re not willing to take the risk.

10th (LDN) – Rex Wolffe Gregor

The first Defenceman off the board, and the effort to replace the aging back end begins. Oilmandan is a veteran sim leaguer and offers very little risk of disappearing. A safe pick, and a strong pick.

11th (VAN) – Elias Lampi

It is nice to not be picking out of a place of need. Vancouver can take a chance on a very promising first-gen who should turn out to be a wonderful talent on the back end, and a great presence in the Locker Room.

12th (DAV) – Joel Castle

Xavier Booberry’s timeline perfect lines up now with bringing in a new, franchise goaltender. Joel Castle has proven to be a champion, and brings a lot of hope to what has historically been a cursed franchise. This is the best Davos core we have seen in a long time, and to maintain their longevity, a goaltending contingency plan is a must.

13th (TOR) – Leonard Triller

Toronto feels stale right now, despite having one of the best goaltenders in the game. While they have that contingency plan figured out, the rest of the shelves are looking rather bare. They have some solid welfare depth, but need someone to lead their group. Triller brings high earnings, activity and just general excitement to spark a franchise.

14th (CGY) – Lachlan Summers

Will Lachlan once again be separated from her trio? It seems likely, unless Seattle goes for it with 6-8. There are a lot of questions in the Wranglers net right now, and while Karl Pedersen answers and few, he also creates a few more. Calgary has most of their core figured out, but a committed and strong goaltender is the one question left.

15th (MOS) – Vincent Laroche-Gagnier

I must admit I struggled with this pick. I think Moscow leans forward here, as Voss and Wit da Hoodie lock up the back end and Murdock continues to be an absolute steal of a pick. With VLG being a guaranteed 2 seasons away from the VHL, it does work with their forwards timeline.

16th (DCD) – Jens Lekman

DC actually looks set for a couple more seasons. They could use some just general prospects in their pool so why not grab a great defenseman in Lekman. Probably won’t be part of this current group, but can help work towards another great core of Dragons.