First Generation Dream Team

Masu Chan

Wof5_Rl1HA1hduFhViXNIpXVpyBZjmt-hAbjIPCTzWoO355lCY7GxT5mBBfDz6ZpWgtci60to-MdBqkW2SnTGQQK7Rde8umufuBZrKZ-nC2tKgqXQg44MFJNRgTAaDQFWYzn_JmD9eHlo_cFVRUI2mDKxasc0QTVIvm-rtNin49v7Vyl-x4BbmA6dnxZ9A

Lately, I have been making Graphics for my points tasks, seeing how I recently did a Mason Jones signature and a Siyan Yasilievich one I am kinda drawing a blank for which first gen I would’ve made a graphic for.
   I was looking for other first gens and that’s when it hit me. I could make a great team just based on the first gen players. There are so many talented users on the forums, it’d be hard to honor them all but I wanted to build a team for as many as I can just to showcase our community!
Side note: The jersey design and team name are my AHL team in my franchise mode for NHL23. I was just really proud of how they turned out and figured with the theme it’d be a fitting name.

Offense

Girts Galvins @Girts - Daniel Janser @Daniel Janser - Alexandre Leduc @Lemorse7

Mason Jones @Masu Chan- Wann Kerr @VattghernCZ- Sadie St Louis @sadie

Tom Creeg @Creegan610 - Johnny Xavier @Johnny_HX - Gus Bently @boatsinking123

Hayden Rain @Rain - John Richards @John Cimarno - Adam Rage @MrMom

Defense

Siyan Yasilevich @badcolethetitan - Bo Johansson @Shindigs

Marcel Janser @Morcar80- Mo Probert @Yahtzee

Jens Lekman @Bobcat - Curtis Crumb @Crummer77

Goalies

Lachlan Summers @kirbithan

Evan Bihler @Eb14

I’m gonna do a summary of some of my picks in an attempt to explain my thinking behind some of them. There are probably a few names I missed, most likely big ones as well. I’ve been in the league for a year in real life and a lot of the names on this list already feel like veterans and it’s hard to believe they are first gen players.
    A lot of these names were also on my previous dream team, but that was for good reason as either I have played with them, managed them before or they have a build that I am interested in.
    If I had to name captains on this team I’d likely give the C to Bo Johansson. Their commitment to the community is next level, they are a top earner and maybe the most active person I have interacted with for my first year in this league. I’ve seen them chat in all the Locker Rooms I have been a part of thus far. The A’s would go to Daniel Janser and Siyan Yasilevich, either one of those two could’ve competed for the C as both have dedicated so much time to this league and have helped develop so many players already into their GM-ing careers. Siyan would likely be a spark for the youth of any team, he loves to chat about anime and video games and I think Janser would be a great counterpart to him.
    I haven’t interacted much with our starting Goalie, Lachlan Summers besides when I briefly managed them in the JST. They were a key part of that team and even though we didn’t succeed I couldn’t have asked for a better goalie. Lachlan was a nice, encouraging person at the time and I have only heard praise for them their entire time in the league. 
    Our backup goalie is a personal favorite of mine as they recently led the Reapers to a championship. Evan Bihler was a joy to interact with when I GM’d for them in the VHLM and I believe they’d be a dark horse pick in this situation.
    Even in NHL games, I like having siblings on the same team. It’s not the only reason I picked Marcel Janser to be on this team, but it made the decision a lot easier. Marcel has been great in recent seasons. If he was ever considered an underdog, he has definitely proved himself at the VHL level, and If your team could afford to play him on the second pair then you’re in great shape.
    The last one I’ll cover is Alexandre Leduc. Lemorse is another player on this team that is hard to believe they are a first gen player. They are a natural, which was only proven when they took over management for the Reapers and won the championship in the same season. I think Lemorse is a must-have on any team at this point and would have a ton to add to the locker room.

Thank you for reading!

709 Words
Week Claimed: December 5th - December 11th

15 hours ago, Masu Chan said:

Wof5_Rl1HA1hduFhViXNIpXVpyBZjmt-hAbjIPCTzWoO355lCY7GxT5mBBfDz6ZpWgtci60to-MdBqkW2SnTGQQK7Rde8umufuBZrKZ-nC2tKgqXQg44MFJNRgTAaDQFWYzn_JmD9eHlo_cFVRUI2mDKxasc0QTVIvm-rtNin49v7Vyl-x4BbmA6dnxZ9A

Lately, I have been making Graphics for my points tasks, seeing how I recently did a Mason Jones signature and a Siyan Yasilievich one I am kinda drawing a blank for which first gen I would’ve made a graphic for.
   I was looking for other first gens and that’s when it hit me. I could make a great team just based on the first gen players. There are so many talented users on the forums, it’d be hard to honor them all but I wanted to build a team for as many as I can just to showcase our community!
Side note: The jersey design and team name are my AHL team in my franchise mode for NHL23. I was just really proud of how they turned out and figured with the theme it’d be a fitting name.

Offense

Girts Galvins @Girts - Daniel Janser @Daniel Janser - Alexandre Leduc @Lemorse7

Mason Jones @Masu Chan- Wann Kerr @VattghernCZ- Sadie St Louis @sadie

Tom Creeg @Creegan610 - Johnny Xavier @Johnny_HX - Gus Bently @boatsinking123

Hayden Rain @Rain - John Richards @John Cimarno - Adam Rage @MrMom

Defense

Siyan Yasilevich @badcolethetitan - Bo Johansson @Shindigs

Marcel Janser @Morcar80- Mo Probert @Yahtzee

Jens Lekman @Bobcat - Curtis Crumb @Crummer77

Goalies

Lachlan Summers @kirbithan

Evan Bihler @Eb14

I’m gonna do a summary of some of my picks in an attempt to explain my thinking behind some of them. There are probably a few names I missed, most likely big ones as well. I’ve been in the league for a year in real life and a lot of the names on this list already feel like veterans and it’s hard to believe they are first gen players.
    A lot of these names were also on my previous dream team, but that was for good reason as either I have played with them, managed them before or they have a build that I am interested in.
    If I had to name captains on this team I’d likely give the C to Bo Johansson. Their commitment to the community is next level, they are a top earner and maybe the most active person I have interacted with for my first year in this league. I’ve seen them chat in all the Locker Rooms I have been a part of thus far. The A’s would go to Daniel Janser and Siyan Yasilevich, either one of those two could’ve competed for the C as both have dedicated so much time to this league and have helped develop so many players already into their GM-ing careers. Siyan would likely be a spark for the youth of any team, he loves to chat about anime and video games and I think Janser would be a great counterpart to him.
    I haven’t interacted much with our starting Goalie, Lachlan Summers besides when I briefly managed them in the JST. They were a key part of that team and even though we didn’t succeed I couldn’t have asked for a better goalie. Lachlan was a nice, encouraging person at the time and I have only heard praise for them their entire time in the league. 
    Our backup goalie is a personal favorite of mine as they recently led the Reapers to a championship. Evan Bihler was a joy to interact with when I GM’d for them in the VHLM and I believe they’d be a dark horse pick in this situation.
    Even in NHL games, I like having siblings on the same team. It’s not the only reason I picked Marcel Janser to be on this team, but it made the decision a lot easier. Marcel has been great in recent seasons. If he was ever considered an underdog, he has definitely proved himself at the VHL level, and If your team could afford to play him on the second pair then you’re in great shape.
    The last one I’ll cover is Alexandre Leduc. Lemorse is another player on this team that is hard to believe they are a first gen player. They are a natural, which was only proven when they took over management for the Reapers and won the championship in the same season. I think Lemorse is a must-have on any team at this point and would have a ton to add to the locker room.

Thank you for reading!

709 Words
Week Claimed: December 5th - December 11th

I think you forgot me as the 5th center, Ivan must ride the bench on every team in the world