A New All-Time Goalie TPE Leader

CowboyinAmerica

Large Numbers - YouTube

A while ago, @ROOKIE745 ran through a list of the top players all-time in terms of TPE. And it really threw me off when I was reading through and got to #10, then realized that each of the first nine on the list were skaters. That hasn't changed in the interim either, even as new names like Duncan Idaho, Hard Markinson and even Rookie himself with Jonathan Ori entered the list. The top goalie of all-time by TPE is still Bushito's Norris Stropko with 1623 TPE, all the way back in Season 57.

Well, it was Norris Stropko I should say. Because with this week's article plus Theme Week TPE, Xavier Booberry is about to pass Stropko for the most goalie TPE of all-time. And that's not even a function of the longer career lengths either, since Booberry rather inexplicably still has two more seasons after this one to go.

This wasn't a goal that I necessarily had with Booberry, even if I realized a while ago that it might be achievable. When Booberry came into the league, I was more interested in winning the VHLE and what nine-season careers meant for overall stats. But part and parcel with nine season careers is having a player actually worth taking the full nine seasons, which meant that I needed to stick with updates. It also helped having a bunch of excellent updaters, and up-and-coming goalies, on my tail to spur me to keep going.

I'm not too sure where Booberry will land on the ultimate TPE list. I don't think I'm getting to 2000 without a lot of help, or without splurging on TPE-boosting items in the store rather than the depreciation-fighters that I'll ultimately buy. I think second on the list is extremely doable, though. If Booberry maintains 1200+ APE for the final 4.5 seasons of his career and ends up somewhere around 1900 TPE total, that's a wild enough ride for me. And here's to hoping that I might be putting the goalie record out of reach for the foreseeable future.

Edited by CowboyinAmerica

• CowboyinAmerica changed the title to A New All-Time Goalie TPE Leader

Hey congrats man, if Hexy wasn't my first player or had I got use to everything quicker I might have been able to take a run at the TPE goaltender record but alas, it was not meant to be. Glad your gonna break it and I look forward to how high you go with Booberry!!