My thoughts on My participation in the VHL.

Berocka

My thoughts on My participation in the VHL.

When May 3rd rolls around, it will be my 4 year anniversary in the VHL. Sure I know this isn’t as much as a lot of other people in the league but I have been a near-max earner this whole time. Murray and Sundqvist I believe never missed a week of max earning. I believe with UnGuri there were a few points here and there I might have gotten between 5-10 capped. I wanted to give my thoughts on my activity in the league and how I feel in general.

So my interest in the sims and how my player is doing has diminished every season since Sundqvist. I believe this to be because I have been on teams that haven’t performed particularly well with both UnGuri and Murray. No hard feelings about Rockstar or Gustav I have had fun being on both the teams and in their discords I just haven’t been looking at sims. Maybe I was spoiled with Sundqvist and winning 4 cups and making the cup final 5 times in my 7 seasons of the VHL. I don’t know for 100% if a winning team would keep my interest in sims. I think I am more of a bigger-picture sort of person, I am not going to delve into every sim and look at my stats, instead, I will look every week or so at the standings and team scoring to see how I am doing.

I find it quite weird that I am almost 4 years in and have only had 3 players.

-          3 May 2019 created Berocka Sundqvist

-          14 September 2020 created Kunibuni UnGuri

-          2 March 2022 created Callum Murray

That is over 500 days with each player or 1 year and 4 months. Well, it is pretty obvious you all might say just recreate more often nothing is stopping you. Yes, you are right I could do that but I have no love for the VHLM or the VHLE. I think both those leagues serve a tremendous purpose for the league, but I have no enjoyment in there. For the VHLM I just feel like I am taking the time from a new member, so I don’t like playing in the M. With the E I just have no connection to any of the teams and the one experience I had so far was a kind of meh environment.

I don’t know what I will do after Murray I don’t want to leave the VHL anytime soon but I don’t have any plans for the next player where usually I do. I enjoy the community and the Town of Salem games but I think there is going to be a point in time when my life doesn’t have room for the VHL. I don’t think anyone wants my old ass here anymore anyway. Murray might be my last hurrah but only time will tell.

Maybe my next player will be called Gustav Mattias.

10 hours ago, Berocka said:

I don’t think anyone wants my old ass here anymore anyway

Can confirm this is incorrect!

Honestly I think you may be the best source of new ideas/changes in this league, and although they may not always go through, they're always incredibly well thought out and are both reasonable and purposeful.

I think it's super okay to come to the end of this career and decide there is nothing left for you to accomplish. If there's nothing left that interests you to explore, or something that drives you to continue to pump out content like you have for 4 years now, then so be it. Doing anything for 4 years with no break will eventually grow dull. Who knows, maybe leaving it for a season or 2 will help you come up with a good reason to stay, or maybe it won't but you can feel satisfied with its conclusion.

I joined the same year you did, just about 6 months later, I've only had two players with Ori's career just finishing this season and have been max capping for 2 plus years at least. The last two or three seasons I have been struggling to keep up motivation for it all and it is a relief to finally be done. I can say doing a third player already would not be good for my interest in the league and I'd probably just go IA so kudos to you for managing to get through three. That said I've been looking forward to having a break from the VHL, I'm doing 2 seasons minimum and I'd definitely recommend it for you too, take a break and who knows, something might reignite your interest in the league at some point.

On 1/6/2023 at 3:57 AM, Berocka said:

Maybe my next player will be called Gustav Mattias.

And if he doesn't make the Hall of Fame I'm going to personally swim to Australia and hunt you down.

I think something you've done a good job of in general (although you might think the opposite) is knowing how to be less active. I've written a lot about this myself during times when I feel like I don't have time for things. Hell, it's Saturday night, I don't have a PT for this week, and I don't know if I'm going to do one. And that's OK. Just the fact that you didn't completely disappear when you started to get less active means you're handling it a lot better than a lot of people have.

So yeah, find your place if you haven't already found it and realize that you don't have to be all in all the time to enjoy the VHL. We're always happy to have you around.