Around the League in 574 words

Scurvy

Although there is not much going on for most during this never ending off season I still need my much needed TPE to bank for my impending depreciation next year.  So here goes another around the league in 500 words. 

TEAM USA DISSAPPOINTING WORLD CUP

With high hopes in the S86 World Cup the Americans just couldn’t get anything going.  The team played some great defensive games against the World’s best but just a bounce here and there kept them on the losing end.  Best of luck to Team Nordic and Team Europe in finals.  

VHLE NEWS

As I am bored and checking the forum and stat line constantly waiting for the season I saw that the defending champs Oslo Storm still have an amazing looking club that can repeat.  One of the downsides of not being in the VHLE or VHLM for that matter is I look at what going on less and less.  I need to be better about it since there is so many good players.  Now I am not sure some of these players won’t get called up but if not, they are going to be deadly.  With the addition of Oreo McFleury who scored 46 goals in the M their potent offense just got better.   On D they have stud, Brodie Landry III (16 g 49 A 65 Pts) and in goal they have two options in Basileus Jute and The Red Menace.  Added to this they have one of the best GMs @JB123In the E who will make moves to help the club.  I am excited to see what Oslo does this year.  Best of Luck

Bo Johansson Takes Home some Trophies!

I had the curse to play against BoJo @Shindigsin the VHLM where he destroyed defenses with his skill and knowledge of how to build a player.  I was privileged enough to play with him in the VHLE where he truly taught me how to build the type of defenseman, I wanted Payne to become.  This past season we saw BoJo take it to another level completely.  He ended up #6 In points (105), #1 in assists (94), led all defenseman in points, was a +44, and even had 137 hits and 152 blocked shots.  The only surprise this year was his low goal total on the Power Play, which I am sure will improve next season.  Overall, it shows he was an easy pick for the Sterling Labatte Trophy (top overall defenseman), the Alexander Beketov Trophy (top assists), and the Alexander Valiq Trophy (Top offensive Defenseman).  I feel this is just the tip of the award-winning iceberg for BoJo and am truly happy for him as Shindig is a great ambassador for this league.  

RECRUITING UPDATE

Well….. I recruited my third player here and I talked about earlier my first two were 50-50.  Jake Thunder @Thunder has been remarkable while my other one crashed and burned quickly.  My latest recruit Rip Wheeler @ScottyPhad a good first week and got some good TPE and signed with the Las Vegas Aces, a great storied club with winning tradition.  Well, week two of my latest recruit got him ….WAIT FOR IT…….2 F$CKIN TPE FOR PRACTICE.  Now I work with ScottyP in real life and have hounded him all last week with no luck.  I’m hoping it was just a down week and he will catch the bug like most of us do and earn, but I don’t feel optimistic.