Overtime and Payne lead the list for Thunder’s rivalry - Theme Week

Thunder

What perfect timing to have rivalry as the theme for theme week.  I finally got the nerve to do a podcast and was building the courage to do another one, including a road cast like my podcasting mentors, @JardyB10, @Spartan , and @Berocka, although I think I’ve only heard one of berocka’s while he’s driving.  I don’t know for sure though.  Theme week gives me an opportunity to skip podcasting and typing a simple word theme.

The first rivalry, is easy.  And its reciprocated, I’m sure…. @Scurvy, or Brian Payne, is Jake Thunder’s number one nemesis, but only when Davos is playing against Warsaw.  Every game Davos plays against Warsaw, Thunder hopes for another glove dropping with Payne.  Especially since the first and only battle ended so quickly after Payne and his southpaw specialty did a swing and a miss on Thunder, and Thunder cracked Payne one time, and that was it.  Payne hit the ice so fast, Thunder initially thought he was acting.  Regardless, the anticipation for the next battle will be more entertaining and certainly put in stone that Payne is no match for Thunder.

Any other time Payne is on the ice, Thunder wishes him well and hopes Payne has some success.  Coming off a season stacked with trophies, Payne is most definitely one of the best defensemen of all time.  No doubt by the end of Payne’s career at Warsaw, he will hold several all time records, which Thunder knows it to be an honor to know someone of such high caliber.

In the VHLM, I see a continued rivalry between Mexico City Kings and the Las Vegas Aces.  I’d have to add Houston to the rivalry with both Mexico City and Las Vegas.  The rivalry theme brought back some memory of Thunder being in the VHLM playing for the Aces.  Houston quickly became a sore subject for the Aces and it made it quite annoying when Houston beat Las Vegas.  Now, being @badcolethetitan sidekick on Mexico City, I have the same feeling against Houston and Las Vegas.  The first two seasons Las Vegas won the championship with some great managing by @Shindigs.  It was impressive what Shindigs did for Las Vegas, while at the same time the Aces became a proven nemesis for the Kings.  Even Cole’s outstanding managing skills weren’t enough for the Kings to overcome the Aces.

As far as Davos, the European Division is stacked with solid teams.  I’d have to say the rivalry is large given the talent.  Warsaw, Moscow, Prague, and London, always seem to spoil winning streaks of Davos.  And then there is Malmo, who for whatever reason have got our number this season.  Helsinki and Riga finish off the European rivalry.  GM Alex continues to analyze and dissect the opponents to find the minute movements to overcome the opponents.  Thus far, success has been pronounced as is currently one point behind Moscow with a couple games behind.

All that being said, I have to say that the biggest rivalry for HC Davos is overtime.  Davos’ chances of winning a game in regulation is unmatched; however, if the game goes into overtime, the odds are reversed.  Leading the VHL with seven overtime losses, its clearly a rivalry that we must change in order to dominate the league as we should be doing already.  I’m not sure if its the shoot out process or the overtime process, but regardless, overtime is our biggest rivalry!

575 words