Bana Blabs Down Under #60

Banackock

🇦🇺 Bana Blabs Down Under #59 🇦🇺

S87 VHL Standings

S87 Playoff Index

Well, since the last time I wrote one of these a lot has changed. We're both finally in Australia and have been here since Monday (Canada) and Tuesday (Australia). We've had a lot of crazy adventures here and it's been a very exciting, interesting time. Saying good bye to my family, her to her family, and us to our animals was very difficult. I think it's going to be difficult for some time. I certainly miss my mom and brother quite a bit (sorry, sister! haha) and I miss my doberman, Zara, the most! I think I had a good cry one of these past mornings when my mom or brother sent a video of her in the morning of where she sleeps. Basically likes she's waiting for us to come back! ANYWAY, some exciting things about he trip:

1. We've gone to a lot of cool places and have walked about 50-60km so far around the CBD, North Sydney etc. We're seen the aquarium, Sydney Tower, Zoo, walked the entire Sydney Harbour Bridge, the Wax Museum and other attractions like Circular Quay, Darling Harbour and all of that fun!
  2. I have tried a lot of amazing food and beverages. This trip is all about having fun, experiencing life and pushing myself to try new things and just be myself. Become myself. I have had sushi for the first time ever and it was AMAZING, lol... Baklava was really good! We went down to the market in Circular Quay yesterday and I tried these lamb kebab's with chilli that were incredible and went again this morning on our way to a Darling Harbour event and tried myself a churro with a hot dog in it, lol. Yesterday, for the first time ever, I tried a alligator burger and it was pretty good. Cross it off the list and that is that. Then two nights ago we were on a rooftop restraurant and had myself some wedges with sour cream and sweet chilli Thai as we shared a bottle of Prosecco!  
  3. Seen a lot of cool animals. Kangaroo (zoo), tennis ball sized spiders (The Gardens by the Opera House), Platypus (Zoo), Sharks and all the Aquarium animals (most of them were in the ocean and you walked through tunnels), a bunch of lizards (everywhere lol), Cockatoos (mostly The Garden) and bats at night time that are EVERYWHERE and they're all the size of crows or big birds!
  4. We came during Mardis Gras and World Pride and it has been a very cool, inclusive experience! Most of the tall buildings, bridge and everything are lit up. It's been incredible vibes with music, markets, food and all of that good stuff!

ONE Bana Australia Fact or Learning from the week:

It takes a bit to get used to everyone driving on the other side. Drivers in Sydney are very respectful and aware of pedestrians and we LOVE how accommodating the country has been seemingly so far to people who may be blind or deaf etc. From the noises, colours, foot markers or brail, it's super amazing to see! Very happy to be in Sydney, Australia. 

Now to the VHL side of things,

• Seattle is trying to push their way through Chicago. I honestly am unsure it's going to happen. On paper I think most would say Seattle is the better team. On the ice? Not so easy! Chicago did finish slightly above Seattle in the standings and have absolutely wrecked us in the shot department this series. It goes down to the wire as the series is tied 2-2. Can't wait for Game 5 on Monday (hehehehe)
  • Dil stepped down for London and this helped further push my vibe to want to retire and embrace The Australian experience I am on. I've been bored of this player somewhat and with this experience I've wanted to create a new player to enjoy while here. I told Dil I would remain loyal to him and would play out my career for as long as they wanted me to. However, things changed fast and Dil is now stepping away. This may mean that Kovalchuk is going to do the same thing.
  • My player had their best season yet and it was a lot of fun with London. It's a shame I am bored with them but would like to start fresh with everything that is happening and with these new update scale/build stuff etc.

That is all. BYE

Edited by Banackock

This is awesome!  I've always wanted to go to Australia but was never in a good spot to do so.  Maybe someday but with the kiddo now, it may have to wait for quite some time.  I like that you are embracing the experience!  I always tend to lean on the familiar so getting out of your comfort zone is good stuff!

If you retire now, Triller will never get to play with Kovalchuk!  I understand though.  Having a new player to go along with your new experiences would fit quite nicely.  London will be in quite the predicament and will have a hard time replacing Kovalchuk.  It is what it is though and I am sure the new GM can handle it!