KRZY’s off-season Ramblings

KRZY

Here’s another edition of ramblings for this week 

Davos and Wranglers meet in VHL Finals 

Both the Wranglers and Davos have relatively breezed through the playoffs with the Wranglers winning 8 of 10 games and Davos winning 8 of 11 . Calgary holds the advantage in goal differentials by 14 to 5. This series is gonna be an exciting one forsure ! The X factor will be the goalies tho I believe when it’s all said and done ! I for one cannot wait for this one to get going !

Cologne and Oslo neck and neck 

once again the Storm and express have met in the VHLE playoffs, this season is a s85 finals rematch and boy has it not disappointed! Currently knotted up at 2 games a piece . With the express outscoring the storm by a total of 15 to 14 . This series has been so close and exciting niether team is really completely and totally outplaying the other , this was evident in game 3 where we witnessed the longest game in the history of the VHL , that game wasn’t decided until the 7th overtime period . These 2 teams are so evenly matched that it took almost 10 full periods before one won ! Ones things forsure these teams never play a boring game against one another.

Offseason Draft Lottery Tournament

The lottery tournament is underway and while I haven’t really looked into the first 2 days of games I feel like there’s a clear divide in competition and really the first Overall pick will either go to Toronto or Helsinki . I just really don’t see Prague , DC , London , or New York losing this tournament . Only time will tell though we all know STHS can be unpredictable at the best of times ! So we will see how this plays out .

Todd Cooke Signs up for ProAm

LA Stars Forward Todd Cooke has registered for the off season ProAm tournament and is hoping to have a good showing to prep for the upcoming season . The past 2 ProAms Cooke has participated in have been lacklustre to say the least and Cooke is chomping at the bit to put together a good performance to try to put himself in the conversation for a spot on the S88 team Canada roster for the World Cup . “It’s always been a dream of mine to represent my country in a tournament like that and I’d be honoured to wear the maple leaf and play in that tournament! Cooke is really pushing towards that and the journey starts at the ProAm !

KRZY’s perfect VHL player 

I’m gonna end this weeks rambling session on a little bit of a fun note . I’m gonna take qualities from players around the league and make the “perfect player”

Offensive Vision

Daniel Janser @Daniel Janser

Janser has been a pure offensive weapon in the past few seasons he’s been a top point producer and is exactly the type of player teams want to build around.

Playmaking/Vision

Bo Johansson @Shindigs

Always a top assist producer Bo can seemingly create something out of nothing and always seems to find the open man.

Physicality/Hitting 

Vinny Detroit @dasboot

i think this one is pretty self explanatory Vinny hits like a train. Is always in among the top of the league in hits . Not to mention the guy is about to break the record for most hits in a career.

Shot

Brendan Marner @MetalToday

Marner led the league in shots and was a top goal scorer this year so to me he can create shots and finds the back of the net when he shots . That takes a good shot to be able to do that in this league that’s why I picked Marner 

Clutch 

Ronan Lavelle @Arce

Lavelle led the league in hat tricks and was second in game winning goals this season so he can come up clutch when his team needs home too and doesn’t let the pressure of being a top player get to him in big moments.

This was just for fun to try and make what I would think would be a great player in the VHL !

Thanks for reading guys really appreciate it !