How far can Analfist slide?

STZ

Ottawa, Canada.

Fresh off a Founder’s Cup Championship, Ottawa Lynx top prospect 5nubbed Analfist looks ahead to Monday’s draft. Analfist is currently ranked as the number two player in this year’s draft and likely the consensus top forward prospect in the draft. However, insiders are saying that the scouting reports are off, and don’t be surprised if Analfist slides down the draft board. 

There were virtually no scouts or management meetings with Analfist or his agent up until late this week. Not a very good sign for a player who was hoping to be selected my a lottery pick. Insiders today have informed Analfist and the STZ Agency that there is significant interest in the defensemen Jacob Stone and The Undertaker. Some rumors of goaler Merome Dilson could be taken before Analfist. 

It’s not hard to imagine a scenario where teams start getting reactive and if a team is looking to get a defenseman, there are at least four VHL ready defensemen in the top ranks of this draft. Could Analfist slide out of a lotto pick? It’s hard to believe that with the track record of HOF caliber players in the STZ Agency that a player would not be considered a sure-fire pick. However, there could be doubts as to whether this player is the real deal or not.

We are only two days away from the draft, so it won’t be long to see how this all plays out. It is rather interesting to see these last minute developments and what kind of implications it has on the careers of these young players.

• Commissioner

My money is on top 3 but I’m expecting 1st. Really just depends on whether teams decide that they can get elite forwards elsewhere or not. It’s a weird draft where most of the top talent is on D.