Bana Blabs Down Under #74

Banackock

🇦🇺Bana Blabs Down Under #74🇦🇺

5B7E74AA-F3F4-41ED-A957-D984C34474C7.thumb.jpeg.6eaae3200430a4aa8cb229ba034b84f8.jpeg

S88 VHL Index

S88 VHL Playoffs

Another Blab brought to you by Talk-to-Text, an easier way to do this. Thanks, Siri. Despite you many, often simple, errors. 

Salutations, VHL. Happy almost Friday! For me, it is already Friday, but for the last few months, it’s basically always Saturday lol. The VHL finals have come to an end and while losing is always challenging, London seems to have a really good group and I hope they have a lot of fun. VHL off-season is now underway and I think it’s going to be a very fun off-season. The Seattle Bears are very busy behind the scenes. Almost busier than we’ve been in as long as I can remember. That’s how it feels anyway. Hopefully the VHL members can come together and make this a really big off-season! That would be a cool challenge. Often you see people saying that off seasons can be long and boring. Maybe we can try and change that?  Outside of the league, lots is also going on for me. I got hired at a blueberry farm that is about one hour and 30 minutes away from Perth. My girlfriend also got hired for the role! We are going to have to buy a vehicle which I’m OK with. We start in July, which still gives me another month off. Haha. We’re kind of starting to discuss our options and flights to return back to Canada. The original time was going to likely be end of November however, it does seem like we might go back a little sooner. We are talking to leave Australia at the start of October, but instead of going to the right, we’re going to fly to the left and go home the long way. We’d like to stop in either Singapore or Thailand, and then head over to the Europe area where we would like to check out and came up with Greece, Albania, Montenegro, Italy, South France and then Paris and then likely fly to Toronto - experience that a small bit and then go home! It’s a pretty exciting thought. It would be a very cool experience as well. I guess we will see. Lots else going on, but we’ll talk about that another time. Let’s start some blabbing, VHL! 

• A small little bit about the finals. I think if Seattle could have figured out the special teams that the result would be a little different. I remember three games where on our ridge I think any team should’ve scored two maybe three goals because of the amount of power plays they got, and we ended up scoring almost always zero maybe if we’re lucky one. I tried changing the power-play quite a few times and always got the result of no result lol. That’s how it goes sometimes. London and their players - Yes, Teno.. but lots of others played huge too. 
  • My player has bought two depreciation fighters, will be donating, has a few weeks to earn to replace and then that will be that. I’m strongly thinking about retiring this player. I said that to London before and after Dil step down that I just really wasn’t filling this player and was excited to start over. I let London know and they traded me. Davos never knew so I told them I’d likely be retiring earlier than forced/last season retirement so if they want can trade me to Seattle so it’s my L if so. Vegas has next season being his last at a payout of 1.78 if he retires. 
  • Huge trades to start the off-season for Seattle. Losing our goalie from last season, we entered this season with a younger goalie, who has been struggling with activity and earning. I knew if we were going to contend we would need something a little bit stronger. I also knew that this wasn’t a stable, consistent future for Seattle potentially. We ended up solving our lost dman in Nanos retirement my grabbing @oilmandan player in a trade that seen us most Ash Sparks to Malmo. Tough deal, but a good one. Then we ended up trading for Cole Pearce from Warsaw for a first round pick. That ends up, replacing both goalies that we lost and gives us an elite, star goal here to help us content in the season. I’m very happy with both trades!

Bana Fact or Self Learning/Discovery since being in Australia:

I think during one of these, I spoke about how hot it can be. I think in another one of these I spoke about how cool the torrential downpours can be here. I can’t remember if I’ve talked about this already, but I’d like to talk about it again if so. I’m sure I’ve mentioned it. Before this trip, I never left Canada. On October 2022, I took my first ever airplane ride to Vancouver and Kelowna, and then back to Edmonton. Since the. I’ve flown to Sydney, Australia -> Perth, Australia -> Bali, Indonesia etc. I probably had the same stereotype. Thoughts going into it. Always very hot. Always very dead. Kangaroos. Big spiders. Beaches. Maybe like sharks. Surfing. But also a lot of other things and this week is COLD! I think last week at night time it got all the way down to about 3-5°C. I know, I know. If I heard someone saying that was called being from Canada I would say what the hell! There is some days when I was at work and I’d be outside with the weather saying it was -40°C or colder with the wind chill. However, I am telling you that it does feel very chilly here. I’m very thankful our air conditioner is also a heater here lol. 

About the photos:

It’s throwback time because I’m missing my pup back home.. That is my beautiful girl and Doberman, Zara! She just turned 5 in May and it was the first time I was never there for her birthday. I know it’s a dog but geez, I missed her! She’s one of the things I miss most. She’s such a beautiful souled dog at heart. So quiet, so soft, so loving and loyal. Another bonus? Also strong and protective. She’s not scared to guard if told to do so. I’m very lucky to have been able to be part of Zara’s life!

This picture was taken on one of our many British Columbia mountain trips. As I’m sure lots who talk to me know, we often go to Invermere, British Columbia. We go a few times every year when I’m back home and always do things like kayaking, fishing, hiking, exploring, outdoor activities, beach days, or whatever. Zara loves it here as much as I do.  You can see the happiness in her freedom as she bombs down the hiking trails, smelling every single scent along the way. You can see it in her face and behaviour how happy she is. This photo was taken of Zara at a lake called White Swan. It’s a lake that is surrounded 360° by mountains. It’s a little tricky to get to while driving and you were in the middle of nowhere. It’s absolutely stunning though. We did a little bit of fishing and then played with Zara in the lake! Frisbee is one of our favourite games lol.

1,208 words

May 29-June 4*Donation double 

June 5-June 11

Edited by Banackock

6 hours ago, Banackock said:

We’d like to stop in either Singapore or Thailand, and then head over to the Europe area where we would like to check out and came up with Greece, Albania, Montenegro, Italy, South France and then Paris and then likely fly to Toronto - experience that a small bit and then go home! It’s a pretty exciting thought. It would be a very cool experience as well. I guess we will see. Lots else going on, but we’ll talk about that another time. Let’s start some blabbing, VHL!

Look into "Around the World" flights from Star Alliance as it could save you a ton of money but since you need to start and stop in the same country, you might need to pay of a leg of the flights that you want actually take so weigh your options. I know when I was suppose to go to Australia some 20 yrs ago this was clearly the cheapest and best options for Country hoping. I was going Hawaii, Sydney, Perth, Singapore, Egypt, Switzerland, France, England and than back to Calgary. Try to stay away from one way flights as they can cost you a ton since Airlines offer discounts on multiple flights/stops and two way flights.

6 hours ago, Banackock said:

Invermere, British Columbia

Making me miss Canada now!! I love Whiteswan Lake and the nice little hidden gem of the hot spring just down the road. I always called it Lesser Creek but I think it is actually Lussier Creek Hot springs. When you go back I also suggest if you haven`t already at least take a day trip to "Top of the World" and hike up to "Sparkle Lake". Both have cabins as they are classified as back country so the stay is also cheap for a quick bases camp or place to crash when hiking. Just need a sleeping bag really as they have bunks. Also try Bugaboo Provincial Park North of Invermere as it has some stunning views and great hidden camping areas. Be care of the shale rocks if you drive to the trail head as the road is bit rocky and I destroyed my rear tire and had to limp all the way back down the dirt roads to Golden to get the tire fixed.

7 hours ago, Banackock said:

But also a lot of other things and this week is COLD! I think last week at night time it got all the way down to about 3-5°C. I know, I know. If I heard someone saying that was called being from Canada I would say what the hell!

I understand this as I can find 10 degrees cold now in Japan as I think it is all relative to temperature during the day. 30-40 during the day and back down to 10 at night means it is cold!! Weird to say this but I actually miss the cold and the snow but don`t think I could handle the -35 any more!! LOL!!

7 hours ago, Banackock said:

Europe area where we would like to check out and came up with Greece, Albania, Montenegro, Italy, South France and then Paris and then likely fly to Toronto

I chuckled hard at this. All these probably amazing countries and wrap things up in…. Toronto.