Saskatoon Wild Press Conference

Viper

Q1: Postseason just around the corner! How do you think Saskatoon is going to rank up against other teams? Do you think they can defend their title?

I think we are going to do good. Towards the second half of the regular season we acquired some new talented players that will help in defending the title. I genuenly think we going all the way!

Q2: Intense Game 7 in the Stanley Cup! What are your thoughts on the game?

Honestly did not watch it, but Im happy that Panthers took it and my country(Latvia) now has another NHL champion written in the history books.

Q3: If you had to pick a different position to play, what would it be and why?

I've never had a goalie, but Im not sure how fun it is to have a goalie, so most likely a D.

Q4: Mexico City is really dominating the league this season! How do you think saskatoon can overcome that?

They can dominate all they want, but it wont change that Saskatoon is taking the cup. We have already showed that we can overcome them by having an amazing end of the season and we going to keep on rolling.

Q5: Do you have any questions or suggestions for me as an AGM?

Not really sure. I believe it is hard enough to keep a VHLM team alive, so to ask something like keeping locker room alive is a lot already. I dont mind to be fair as it is as I can enjoy the league and mind my own business. As long as you're there to assist when needed and keep posting these press conferences to fill out, Im happy.

Q6: Who is your favorite NHL player and why?

Arturs Silovs, because first of all my countryman and also because he's an exciting goalie and can't wait to see what more he can do in the league if given an opportunity.

• 1 month later...

Saskatoon Wild Press Conference:

Q1: The first game of the season is just around the corner. Coming off of Back to Back VHLM wins, how do you think Saskatoon will perform this season?

Q2: What is your goal for your player this season?

Q3: Looking at the current rosters, which teams do you think have a chance at taking the Founders Cup home this season?

Q4: Does your player participate in any Pre/Post-Game Rituals or superstitions?

Q5: How did your player get its name/place of birth?

Q6: Does your player believe pineapple belongs on pizza?
image.thumb.png.a62adf4ec370fb3aea44f39d486b6b44.png

3 hours ago, TenIQ said:

Q1: The first game of the season is just around the corner. Coming off of Back to Back VHLM wins, how do you think Saskatoon will perform this season?

Q2: What is your goal for your player this season?

Q3: Looking at the current rosters, which teams do you think have a chance at taking the Founders Cup home this season?

Q4: Does your player participate in any Pre/Post-Game Rituals or superstitions?

Q5: How did your player get its name/place of birth?

Q6: Does your player believe pineapple belongs on pizza?

1. I think that Saskatoon has a some chance of winning it again this year, granted that this year we are not has great on paper as we had been for the last 2 years, but with this group of players, along with the people in the locker room, I think we can fight well, however I definitely won’t be disappointed with any outcome.

2. I think that this year, Narnia Shaw’s goal is to just develop into an elite passer who can play decent quality defence and score a bit, from there I want to see what my opportunities are however, I think that my main goal is to lead the defensemen in assists

3. That’s a tough one, there are many good teams out there however, I really like Mississauga and Mexico City to win the founder cup.

4. Narnia is a big guy when talking about superstitions, however his largest superstition is definitely his stick, he must play a left hand then right hand in practice, alternating throughout the whole practice, starting with the left, along with many other superstitions

5. That’s a good one! Narnia is the son of Dabnad Shaw, and this mainly reflects the usernames I’ve had over the years, with Narnia coming from a mispronunciation 

6. Pineapple on pizza is the bottom of the barrel on earth, it is as mold is to edibility, and should not exist in pizza stores, rather be burned in hell.

• 2 weeks later...

Q1: How is your player shaping up so far? Do you see any weaknesses that your player might encounter in future games?

Q2: Are you reaching your goal so far this year? Is there anything you need to change to push back on target?

Q3: How did your player come across hockey and how did he/her start playing it?

Q4: Why does your player play the position that he does?

Q5: Do you have any questions that you might need to ask for the season?

Q6: What is your players favorite flavor of ice cream and what is their favorite memory with it?

21 hours ago, TenIQ said:

Q1: How is your player shaping up so far? Do you see any weaknesses that your player might encounter in future games?

Q2: Are you reaching your goal so far this year? Is there anything you need to change to push back on target?

Q3: How did your player come across hockey and how did he/her start playing it?

Q4: Why does your player play the position that he does?

Q5: Do you have any questions that you might need to ask for the season?

Q6: What is your players favorite flavor of ice cream and what is their favorite memory with it?

1. I think that Shaw is shaping up pretty well right now! His defensive game and skating need a bit of help, however that should be solved in due time. Other than that, the offensive game is shaping up really well for a d-man!!

2. I think that Shaw has pretty much reached his goal for the year, of course there are many tweaks which would make him a lot better, however the main objectives that I hoped Shaw would reach have been reached. Hopefully Shaw can make the jump through leagues this year and work on a VHLE team!

3. This is a great question! While we will go in detail when his biography comes out, for now, we can say that he learned from his dad!

4. Shaw plays defence because that’s where he was put when he was younger. He was always a bit smaller, however from a young age he knew how to place the puck where he needed. His dad saw his ability to place the puck and told his coach to put him on defence and the rest is history!

5. A question I might have to ask about Shaw is should he develop his offensive game, or start developing his defensive and skating game better?

6. Shaw’s favourite ice cream has to be coffee! From late nights with his friends to beach days with his family, Shaw always loved how coffee tasted!

• 2 weeks later...

Q1: Are your predictions sizing up so far? Who do you think is going to win the Founders Cup?

Q2: Many of you are going to the VHLE next year, which team would you want to be drafted to?

Q3: How did you find the VHL?

Q4: Do you have any aspirations to go into Team Management in the VHL?

Q5: What is your player's favorite NHL player?

Q6: Is your player at all inspired by you?

48 minutes ago, TenIQ said:

Q1: Are your predictions sizing up so far? Who do you think is going to win the Founders Cup?

Q2: Many of you are going to the VHLE next year, which team would you want to be drafted to?

Q3: How did you find the VHL?

Q4: Do you have any aspirations to go into Team Management in the VHL?

Q5: What is your player's favorite NHL player?

Q6: Is your player at all inspired by you?

1. Haha we don’t talk about those do we? In regards to the founders cup I think the Reapers have a good chance to go all the way

2. Ooo that’s a tough one, I don’t necessarily have a preference in what team picks me, I would just like to have a team which has a good team and active locker room

3. It’s a nice and fun environment! For me it’s a great way to escape all the stress and just write what I feel without being graded or told that how I’m writing is incorrect. It’s a great place to meet new people and have some fun!

4. At the situation I am in? No, at least for the next 7 or so years. With school pilling up I don’t think I’ll be able to give team management enough time for now, however after I’m done studying there’s definitely a path where I go into team management.

5. Shaw’s favorite player is Quinn Hughes, as he’s modeled his game after him

6. My player is not necessarily inspired by me, as I do play goalie, however it is inspired by how i like the game played.