Games: 130-144

VHL Games

Game 137 - Moscow Menace vs Toronto Legion

Normally, I'd try to come up with some sort of plotline for the game. Or at the very least, some narrative device that I would mention at the beginning that would have no real impact on the importance of the game. However, I just thought this was a fun game to watch. Oh wait, there is a narrative device. This game featured the Toronto Legion, last place in the North American conference, going against the Moscow Menace, tied for second in the European conference. Interestingly though, the shots on goal count favour Toronto by 10; the count being 31-21. The first period featured great defense from both sides, with neither side allowing a goal. Both teams limited high quality chances in their respective zones and the only scoresheet action we can see is TOR D3 taking a penalty. The first intermission came, with fans trying to draw the logos of both teams and failing miserably. Both logos are still awesome however. The second period began and Toronto struck quickly with Dens Oden potting one to give them a quick 1-0 lead. 4 minutes and 30 seconds later, Tomas Sogaard scored to tie up the game. It remained tied for a while until noted veteran TOR D10 scored, giving Toronto the lead. This was a great sight to see as TOR D10 is probably one of the longest tenured players in the league and has stuck with the team for so long, just seemed to struggle staying in the lineup and producing points. This was a breakthrough moment for Toronto as the next period, Phoebe Bridgers would extend the lead with what would be the eventual game winner. The Legion would hold on, only allowing one more goal from Tomas Sogaard. But it's Tomas Sogaard, what do you expect?