All the Changes Comming if I Were Commissioner for a Day.

Will3

How would I change things if I were to become commissioner for one day?  What would change if had the power and responsibility to do almost anything I wanted? To sum it all up in one word everything. The VHL would never be the same again. I would enacted changes to not just everything level of play, but to the game play  itself.  You could even call all of my changes revolutionary. But enough hype. It's time to break down all changes that I make to the VHL in great detail should I become commissioner for a day.

VHLE Changes

I will start with the league that has the most problems. I here people talking about deleting the VHLE, and while my current stay in the E is less than pleasant, I remember how fun it was when the VHLE was a new creation. My first change is going to be controversial. It will probably make people angry, but I feel that it is important part to fixing some of the problems the E has. I would raise the TPE cap limit of the VHLE from 400 TPE to 450 TPE. A longer development period will make few people happy, but it will result in stronger players in both leagues. Hopefully 450 TPE won't be too overpowering against the 200 TPE entrants. To accommodate more players, the amount of inactive players will be reduced. No more that half the players on a roster can be inactive. All teams would need six fowards, four defender and one goalie active at least to start. More about inactive players later. I would expand the VHLE by two teams. I would place teams in St. Petersburg, Russia and Madrid, Spain. I would relocate Vasteras to Gothenburg with no name change and a new green, yellow, and steel color scheme. Finally, I would also force a rebrand on the Geneva Rush to the Geneva Peace Keepers or the Geneva Peace.

VHL Changes

Now we advance to the main show in town. Admittedly not a whole lot need to change here. It all just works. I would expand the league by four teams because I can. Amsterdam, Netherlands and Paris, France would be your new European host. For North America, the rhyming cities of Boston, Massachusetts and Austin, Texas our your new homes of VHL hockey. Otherwise nothing else really needs to change here.

VHLM Changes

Now to my favorite league. To encourage more dispersal of waiver players, I would introduce a solid player cap. Six fowards, four defender and one goalie would be needed by all teams before you could add new waiver players. An exception to this rule is that  waiver players who have been recruited by established members cannot be separated from playing together. I would increase the VHLM graduation bonus from 10 TPE to 20 TPE. I would expand the VHLM by two teams. Minnesota will get their teams back and a city completely pass over for hockey will be passed over no more. New Orleans, Louisiana will have their first ice hockey team. Maybe later in the day I would add Quebec City and Yukon if I feel like it.

A New League for Inactives

I did mentionthat I would return to inactive players later. It is later. What I would do with inactive players not on a team is move them over to a new six team league in Asia. The VHLA would have two teams each in India, South Korea, and Japan and would be a regular season home for these players waiting to see if their users return. Best part is that in the offseason, these six teams would become your Junior Showcase teams. Overall the VHLA would be a nice low stress way to learn how to handle Simon.

Other Changes

Now it is time for other changes not bound by league. I would fix the depression values so the line up with the current hybrid system. I would also bring the hybrid system to goaltender so they can benefit like the skaters. I would add a new point task, videos. 6 TPE for a two minute and thirty second viedo and 2 TPE for a short. I would make the ProAm official. Finally I would speed up the season so that in ends in two months tops.

There is everything I would do if I could. That is a lot of changes. So many new teams. So many smaller changes. But all changes would be for a better, more competitive and fun league. Am I totally off the mark or do you agree with my changes. Please let me know. Now, I am going to watch fireworks.

1 hour ago, Will3 said:

I would also force a rebrand on the Geneva Rush to the Geneva Peace Keepers or the Geneva Peace.

First we get torn away from our Yukon homeland, now you want to delete the only part left connecting us to our heritage 😭

1 hour ago, Will3 said:

A New League for Inactives

could be interesting, a good starting point for people looking to get into GMing although one criticism I have is your changes to the E wouldn't really work. The reason we have so many inactive players is that they fill in . the gaps. You want to add 2 teams and force a 6-4-1 minimum and only raise the cap by 50 which just wouldn't be possible with only or predominantly active. If anything you'd have to delete teams.

The original idea was to up the cap by 100 but I thought that would be too much going against 200 TPE new arrivals. Should I have made it higher?

21 minutes ago, Will3 said:

The original idea was to up the cap by 100 but I thought that would be too much going against 200 TPE new arrivals. Should I have made it higher?

no it's a good amount I just don't think it would bring in enough players to do an expansion

6 hours ago, Will3 said:

I would add a new point task, videos. 6 TPE for a two minute and thirty second viedo

This already exists 

Video Guidelines

Requirements:

- Effort is the main part of any graphic. If someone tries so hard to get their graphic right but doesn't do a good job on looks, he/she still deserves points.

- Should be atleast 30 seconds long and include transitions, music, or whatever to help you have a good final product.

Upon posting a video that you believe meets these requirements, you may claim 6 capped TPE immediately.