BRING BACK THE QUEBEC CITY MEUTE

Baby Boomer

Welcome everyone,

This week is theme week, and we have to say what we would do if we were commish for a day. First, I honestly did not what I would do, but I realised that anything is possible when you are commish, because you can literally do whatever you want (lol). So, I decided that I was going to bring back an old franchise and create a totally new one.

Quebec City Meute

The Quebec City Meute joined the VHL in S31 and were relocated to Vancouver after S64 and this was one of the biggest mistakes the commish made in the history of the VHL. I am myself from Quebec, so I am very biased, but it does not matter. Quebec currently does not have a team in a professional league and as long as Bettman is going to be commissioner of the NHL, it will stay like that. Even though the city has managed to have more than 18 000 spectators for a junior game, Gary Bettman is a businessman and having a second team in the province of Quebec and an eighth team in Canada is not going to make him make more money. This is why the city of Quebec needs the VHL to bring back the Quebec City Meute, because they deserve a team. The people from the entire province of Quebec loves hockey and I believe that it is outrageous that one of the biggest fanbase in the world does not have a team in the VHL. In addition, there are five teams from the United States and only three from Canada in the North America Conference and I believe that Canada (the greatest hockey country in the world) should have at least four teams.

Seoul

I was looking at the cities of the teams in the VHL and I noticed that there are only teams in North America and in Europe, but the popularity of hockey is growing in Asia, and I think that they deserve a team. I then searched for the biggest hockey country in Asia, and I found Kazakhstan, South Korea, Japan, and China. South Korea was the second-best Asia country on the 2023 men’s world ranking of the IIHF and the third-best in the 2023 women’s world ranking of the IIHF, so it is still a pretty good hockey country. I chose the country, so now I had to choose the city and I just went with the capital and the biggest city of the country, Seoul. Seoul currently has a population of 9.9 million people. You probably noticed that the team does not have a name yet and it is because I did not give one yet. I wanted to think about it and maybe hear some suggestions that you may have. So, if you have any suggestions, you can tell them to me in the comments.

I just added two news teams and you are probably wondering which teams are going to be replaced by the new ones, but I will tell you only when I will officially be a commish (I don’t think I will be commish really soon, sorry…)

When I built an entire Asian league long ago Squids was one the the suggestion for a team name in Seoul. It has grown on me. When you compare the concept of the Squid Game to professional sports there are similarly weather we want to to admit it or not. Also to say something looks like a squid is to call that thing ugly and ice hockey has a grittier, ugly side. It just works in my opinion.

I remember there was some sort of issue with the name Meute but damn, I don't think there was a reason to move from Quebec City to Vancouver. I agree, let's give Quebec City the pro team they deserve even if it isn't under the Meute name!

Also a hockey team in Seoul (and in Asia in general) would be so fun.