But Here We Are

Laine

It's been a while, VHL. I didn't exactly live up to the promises I set for myself last time, so why don't we sit down and have a little chat.

For those who don't know me, I joined back in May 2020 and was extremely active throughout the COVID period. (I was one of those described COVID players lol) I bounced around as an AGM and WJC GM before finally landing a gig with the Minnesota (now Oslo) Storm, where I came ever so close to a championship.....twice. As life transition from COVID, I ended up getting more busy with school and other things life threw at me. I eventually went completely inactive for a few months, attempted a comeback last summer, which failed miserably.

So what did I do during that time? It's been pretty rough sledding to be honest. The last year has been full of adversity for me. I was out of sorts and fought many mental battles at the end of last year and limped towards the start of college in January. College itself was an uphill battle but i studied and ended up with a 97% average across the semester. I continued to work on my mental health and got better as the semester went on. I've been working a summer job, and have been making some money as I prepare to transfer schools, as I'm looking for more of a challenge. I got accepted into a major university and I start in 3 weeks! I've had to fight through a lot of adversity but it really did help build me over the last year and help me become a better person.

I notice how much change there has been in the league and on the portal. Lots of new members have joined since I last set foot here, and the portal has gone through as many updates as I have homework assignments (THANK YOU FOR AUTOMATED TRIVIA). It's an exciting thing to be back and see all the new features, and I can't wait to take advantage of them.

Now, what are my plans for the VHL. Well, it should be said NONE of this is guaranteed. I have recreated and joined the league with some persuasion from @Zetterberg and will start much like @JigglyGumballs, just taking baby steps towards more activity. I hope to be a max earner by some point but with university right around the corner there are no guarantees. I will be active in the LRs and I honestly do miss that special vibe that the VHL community gives off, and I look forward to being part of it once again. I also plan to eventually get back into management, maybe starting as an AGM for now but nothing of substance until I have some stability under me.

For now, that's all from me. Oh, and don't worry. I won't trade the picks....unlike SOMEBODY......WHO ALSO CAME BACK.....AND TOTALLY DIDNT WRITE A SUPER SIMILAR ARTICLE.....

Man, it feels good to be back.

(501 words)