Bogatyrev Named Seattle Captain

Bojovnik

MOSCOW, August 21, 2023 (Shaiba.ru) – It’s fair to say it has been a tumultuous offseason for Yaroslav Bogatyrev. Two weeks ago, it looked like the Seattle Bears forward was on his way out of the club after it was leaked to the media that his name was coming up in trade talks. At that time, Bogatyrev and his representatives looked like they had taken offense at being placed on the block.

Fast forward 14 days, Yaroslav Bogatyrev was named the next captain of the Seattle Bears following the retirement of Hulk Hogan II. Bogatyrev, who has spent four full seasons in a Bears jersey, was an alternate captain last season and was the natural choice to take the role, given that he is the longest serving member of the club.

“It’s definitely an honour to be named captain of such a prestigious team as the Seattle Bears. Everyone knows that they are one of the premier teams in the VHL, and there are plenty of amazing players, hall of famers, who have had the C on the crimson jersey. I think I’m in the right place to take this team forward, given that I have spent four seasons here, suffered the same as the team has since S86. I feel that it is my time to take this team forward, and I will be proud to lead this team to a Continental Cup,” Bogatyrev said.

There is still some uncertainty with regards to Bogatyrev’s future, given that he signed an extension only for one season at the S89 trade deadline. He is set to become a free agent at the end of S90, and Bogatyrev’s team has given no indication that they are looking to sign a new contract at this time.

“Let’s see how the season goes for now. After this offseason, I’m not ready to discuss my future. There’s going to be a lot of pressure, and a lot of new experiences, coming into the locker room as a captain of this team. The team has also let me know that they want to see how I fit into this role. As a result, it’s not the right decision to discuss an extension at this time. If we see how things are going in the season, sure, then we’ll be in place to find time to sit down and see if we can come to an agreement that is mutually beneficial,” Bogatyrev remarked.

The Bears are set to get their season underway on Wednesday. After finishing top of the North American Conference last season, many are predicting that Seattle will be in second or third place this season, given the significant strengthening of the Toronto Legion and continued success of the Vancouver Wolves.

“It’s always a challenge. The North American Conference is the strongest conference in the VHL, and every game is difficult. We relish this challenge, and we will do our utmost to be a team that our fans can be proud of next season, as we strive to do every season,” he concluded.